Breakfast Burrito

Options
New concoction from this morning :)

1 cup egg whites
1/4 shredded cheese
1 cup rinsed black beans
pepper to taste

makes about three servings, I topped it with some fresh salsa and put it into a 7 inch whole wheat tortilla.
per serving about 150 calories, with the tortilla and salsa about 270. Not bad for a yummy breakfast with lots of protein.

enjoy :)

Replies

• thetorontokid2
    Options
    Sounds delicious!! I love to make breakfast burritos, so this will definitely be worth a try! :happy:
  • melmck2011
    Options
    oh i forgot to add once you scramble the eggs then throw in the beans to heat them up and then melt some cheese on top
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I've recently discovered egg whites are like a best friend now! So high in protein, so low in calories and no fat or cholesterol! Love them!! Thanks for sharing this recipe!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a lo calorie tortilla out there...
  • melmck2011
    Options
    i know what you mean! but this morning i ate it with a piece of toast and that was only 85 calories. my 7 inch tortilla was 110 yesterday.
  • katcoleesp
    katcoleesp Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    A gf just invited me to this site this morning so forgive me as my personal info is not set up yet, was so excited to look at recipes.....
    OLE Mexican Foods has a high fiber / low calorie tortilla and it tastes great. I purchase mine at WalMart. Calories 71, Total fat 2 gm, carbs 5g, fiber 12g, cholest 0mg, protein 8g..
  • melmck2011
    Options
    Thanks!