Hi!

Options
I gained 2kg while on holiday and 2 more when I got back so weighed 56kg (lost 0.5kg this week-yay!!!)
I always gain weight while on holiday and it takes ages to lose it
I have a history of disordered eating/borderline anorexia as does my Mum and my Dad's Mum (Nana was anorexic her entire adult life & Dad is very fat phobic as a result) but that was when I was a teenager
I usually weigh 52-53kg (114-117lb) and am 5'9.5'' talk. I have a slim frame and put on all my weight on my stomach/butt

My weight loss strengths-
I already eat healthily most of the time
I know what to eat to lose weight
I'm a registered nurse so when at work On my feet all day
I love the gym and since I was 18 have worked out 6-7 times a week
I am a naturally slim person with healthy slim siblings and parents. Yay genetics!

My weaknessess-
I become kind of obsessed
I talk myself down and feel hatred and disgust I've put on weight
I have a fast metabolism so am often hungry and have more opportunities to make bad food choices
When dieting when I slip up I decide to go all out and eat crap that day. I don't do this when I am not dieting

Well that's me! Hope I will be back to 52-53kg in a month or so
Look forward to getting to know people-& how awesome is this app!!

Replies

• budkow
    budkow Posts: 39
    Options
    Welcome Bluestar. :-) I echo all of your weaknesses except the fast metabolism. This is a good place to get support and see what you're doing when you DO slip up. Also, it's helpful to see that one day is important, but it's not the end of the world.
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Hiya and welcome to MFP! I hope you get a handle on your eating disorder. Perhaps you should focus more on making healthier choices versus looking to lose a few pounds. Your body will adjust naturally. Best of luck to ya!!
  • Bluestar083
    Options
    Hiya and welcome to MFP! I hope you get a handle on your eating disorder. Perhaps you should focus more on making healthier choices versus looking to lose a few pounds. Your body will adjust naturally. Best of luck to ya!!
    Hi
    I dont have an eating disorder anymore. I was borderline at 17-19 but trust me there is a massive difference in wanting to lose a few kg and being borderline. It was really awful and I know I won't go back cos I am not that depressed self obsessed person anymore. But thank you for your concern :)
    Budkow your family is so cute! My bf and I plan on marrying and starting a family when I'm 31 or 32-hope our kids are as cute as yours! And wow huge congrats on the weight loss. What was life like at your heaviest weight compared to now?
  • budkow
    budkow Posts: 39
    Options
    :-) Thanks. Life was a whole, large pizza by myself, or a pound of pasta, or a 6-egg omelet with sausages, etc. But mainly life was huffing and puffing everywhere I went and sweating like a marathon runner (after just walking a few feet). Life was only shopping at Big and Tall stores and still being frustrated. I had to literally squeeze into airplane seats (or more often lift the armrest) and I never took my shirt off at the beach.

What's really interesting (or perverse I guess) is that when I look in the mirror now I still see myself as super fat. People are commenting on how thin I look, etc. and I just don't see it. I hope at some point I'll see what others see. :-)

For a comparison of how I look now vs just three years ago, here's our annual anniversary photo from 2009: http://www.udkow.com/ooad/e9e4d50a The photo of me in my profile rocking the awesome blue flannel is from when I was near my 350lb mark. (Also note the amazingly full head of hair and tragic uni-brow). :-)

The tragic irony of life is that now that I've LOST weight I have a bulging disc in my back and can't do a lot of things (like run, throw, jump, lift heavy things, etc). I keep putting off having surgery because I'm not thrilled about the idea of having my freaking back cut into, but I may be near the point where it's gotta be done.

Sorry to sort of hijack your thread. :-)
  • clairewlusk
    Options
    Hello. Few days ago I was looking trough a nice blog with lots of information about how to lose fat in the stomach. It can be useful for you. Here it is.
    http://losefatinthestomach.com/articles/