weekends get me

Options
I can do pretty good at sticking to my calorie limit during the week. but weekends are terrible! I feel like I am eating everything in sight. ( probably cuz I am) Any types to help my selfcontrol?

Replies

• nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I used to be the same -and sometimes still am. I would spend the week making up for the weekend - and I was getting nowhere. One thing I did that helped was I joined 2 challenges with weigh-ins on Fridays and Mondays, sort of bookended my weekends with weighins, and it helped alot. Good luck!
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    If your weekends are like mine, your brain finally doesn't have work to do, you are at home, easily become "bored" and realize...HEY! I'm only 10 feet from the kitchen! Not a good position to be in...

What I do is find a hobby or something to keep me occupied. Watching a movie, organizing my mail, reading a book...etc...I always keep a giant jug of water by me also. If you are feeling the urge to eat (beyond your allowable calories...never EVER ignore hunger if you are SUPPOSED to be eating!!), try drinking water or flavored tea and see if the urge goes away.

OR, if I'm tempted to be in the kitchen, I decide to make a big elaborate meal for later trying a new or complicated recipe instead of a quick meal. That way, I can fight my temptation of being around food but putting it to good use while testing my will power. If you aren't that strong enough to do that without eating the ingredients. :-) And, of course, keep tracking, tracking, tracking!
  • perishable
    perishable Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I try to skip breakfast and lunch and replace it with little snacks. I always do bad around dinner on weekends and I'm not sure why. But yeah, I just try not to eat because I know I will over eat.
  • egdanger1
    egdanger1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I finally figured out that my weekend problem was inactivity. Since I work all week and do other things, I don't have time for endless muching. Plus, when I am at work I don't have the easy access to the food that I have at home. Even when I am home sick or with my child, I will eat more. So I started doing more things on the weekend, that take me away from home or keep my mind off of food.
  • cvaneaton
    Options
    have some fun! I went walking...did some yard stuff went dancing..sun went for a walk by the river valley had a yummy brunch walked some more visited friends walked some more...if I keep moving and drinking water I am good...:flowerforyou: