weight flunctuation

Options
yeah yeah so I know it is not good to weigh myself more than once a week, but for different challenges I am on I have to weigh on sunday for one and monday for another, so..

my weight LAST monday was 85.9kg and I weighed in on sunday at 85.7kg so a loss of 0.2kg/0.4lb which I am okay with... but then this morning I weighed in at 86.1kg so somehow I gained 0.8lb in one day...
which one should i put down as my weigh in? gain/loss/maintain?

thankyou in advance for your help!

Replies

• LindseyDD
    LindseyDD Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    maintain - unless you ate 3500 calories yesterday it is probably just water weight
  • akunce
    akunce Posts: 29
    Options
    Water may be an issue! Make sure you weigh yourself at the same time of day!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Seriously? it's .8 pounds.. hardly anything and will be gone by tomorrow. I wouldn't even count it and go with the weight you got on sunday.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Water may be an issue! Make sure you weigh yourself at the same time of day!

I am.
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    You might not have had an empty stomach, or had an extra cup of coffee. Your weight goes up and down through the course of days. Sometimes meals higher in fat take longer to digest than leafy greens. Focus less on the minutae of weight loss and more on the big picture - general downward trends in weight and inches, increased blood flow, lowered blood pressure, lower blood panel numbers, lower resting heart rate, longer periods of working out without rest. Half a pound here or there is nothing compared an overall increase in health.

Try to stick to one challenge (make your life easier and less anxiety prone). Give yourself a pat on the back for all your hard work once a week, and then put the scale away.