"Go Search it"

Options
It really bothers me when I ask a question and people tell me to go search it and stop wasting time on the message boards.
It bothers me because I ALWAYS SEARCH BEFORE I POST.
If I search what I have a question on and still don't find the answer, then it should be okay to post a question and not be yelled to go search for it. Grr

Replies

• HeatherrSue
    HeatherrSue Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Haha...no kidding! Best of luck to ya girl!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    The search function on the site is not the strongest. You could fare better by adding site:myfitnesspal.com to your google search. That would limit the results to this site only. Or better yet, you could just run a general search across the whole web. Frankly we never really cover any new ground here. It's just the same topics over and over every day; so usually the info is out there already.
  • Obstinate07
    Options
    Honestly, just ignore the ignorance because some people in our society wasn't raised properly and they think being rude is the key to success. It's sad that these individuals would rather post inappropriate comments instead of just answering the question or bypass the message board all together. Continue your journey and there are others on here that are more than happy to help.
  • clarehodgson14
    Options
    OMG, someone had a go for asking questions. well isn't that the part of being with the site. I'm so sorry that you have come across this type of behaviour. I also saw someone post "Search for it" when they asked a question. You carry on asking, how else are we supposed to find answers.

clare x
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Don't let the grumps dishearten you! Most people are friendly and willing to share what the can, or just don't look at topics they've seen a thousand times before, those that complain do so because they like to complain. If you need answers, keep asking! :smile:
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I don't mind when people ask questions about advice or opinions, but it's kind of annoying when they ask questions like, "What's NSV?" or other questions that can be answered in about two seconds flat by googling it.
  • mrpearson253
    mrpearson253 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing someone made them go search it when they were newbies so they're just passing the buck on that one. :)

Mark