Seeking motivation

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Michael and I'm trying to drop about 75 pounds. I had heart surgery six years ago to replace my aortic valve. That ended a 12-year career in the military. I am now an aerial photographer and don't get to exercise much. So, I need to control my diet and exercise when able. I am using MFP to keep track of my diet and this forum to seek motivation from others. I am trying to do a keto diet with intermittent fasting. My plan is to eat lunch at noon and dinner before 7 p.m. and not eat again until lunch the next day. I am trying to lose weight as well as prevent becoming a victim of type 2 diabetes. Y'all feel free to keep my accountable and motivate me through this lifestyle change. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

While we can offer motivation and support, you need to make yourself accountable.

Good luck with your journey!
  • hunhun57
    hunhun57 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi Michael
    Welcome to MFP. You will do great on Keto and just like you say for your eating time. You have the heart and you will succeed. Glad to support you on MFP. Great luck on your journey.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I am an Air Force vet, have a history of heart failure, and also eating keto... after a lot of research on the effects of keto on cardio health.

I highly recommend joining The keto group and The Low Carber Daily Forum group on here.

They are awesome. Active discussions, tips, foods, etc.

• chandraminick
    chandraminick Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I do keto and If, and have had success myself.