Misheard or misread as....

Options
LAT1963
LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
edited August 2019 in Chit-Chat
(fragment of a TV news report)

...police report the cause of death was respiratory failure, due to monkeys.

(this thread is a place to share when you encounter hilarity, or at least mild amusement, as the result of mis-hearing or mis-reading something)

Replies

• LAT1963
    Options
    The iconic example of this sort of thing is that song lyric "Excuse me while I kiss the sky" that about half the population hears as "Excuse me while I kiss this guy"
  • LAT1963
    Options
    I never found out what the actual cause of death was.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Peter Fonda died of respiratory failure due to lung cancer. Could lung cancer sound like monkeys?
  • LAT1963
    Options
    I dunno, corna--maybe. I didn't hear enough of the story to know who it was who died. However it probably wasn't Peter Fonda because the information came from police and lung cancer doesn't usually result in a police call.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The only one that comes to mind for me is really NSF...MFP. But it has to do with managing to misread the word Fuel at gas station pumps on the little scrolling message screen.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options

It's not fair, to deny me
    Of the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I wasn't paying attention and about 40 seconds in I could swear this said "the UK's best selling f***ing hybrid"

https://youtu.be/R0pNVxXcguk
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    I wasn't paying attention and about 40 seconds in I could swear this said "the UK's best selling f***ing hybrid"

https://youtu.be/R0pNVxXcguk

Haha I heard that too!