low calorie snacks

Options
Im headed to the grocery store and need some ideas for low calorie snacks for my days at work. I work in a warehouse & its very hot. However I am close to the ice machines and water so I just need some snacks for when Im hungry. TIA!

Replies

• _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    If you search the term "low calorie snacks" on here you'll get about 8 million threads with plenty of ideas! :)
  • arondo2006
    arondo2006 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thanks! I see I posted a topic under the wrong header. Im new (again) to this. Sorry lol
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    To add to those ideas, I've had the special K cracker chips handy for salty cravings and they're fantastic. About 30 chips with 110 calories.
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i also bring my snacks to work. i like to bring fruit, cereal bars, nuts, and string cheese.
  • arondo2006
    Options
    To add to those ideas, I've had the special K cracker chips handy for salty cravings and they're fantastic. About 30 chips with 110 calories.

I will have to look for those. Thanks!
  • poseidon9447
    Options
    I like carrot chips (slices) only 35 calories per serving and filling. look for them next to the carrot sticks at the grocery store. They are sweet and refreshing and all natural and cheaper then most snacks. The reason I like the chips better then carrot sticks is they are easier to chew, and the same weight looks like a lot more (psychologically tricking the brain into thinking you are eating more). I like to eat them ice cold.
  • kiesh82
    kiesh82 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    your best bet is fruit and veggies (celery, baby carrots, etc.). yogurt, string cheese, apple sauce, low cal popcorn, and pretzels are a view of my favs.
  • arondo2006
    Options
    thanks guys (& gals lol). I bought baby carrots for a steal! I also purchased cottage cheese, apples, a grapefruit, some pineapples, rice cakes, and rice chex cereal! A 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and 2 pinapple slices was 140 calories. YES!!!!!
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Eat as unprocessed as you can. Those 100 calorie snack packs are nothing but chemicals and sugar, which turns into fat any way. Eat fruit. Eat some carrot chips (love those ideas). Better yet eat as high protein as possible and then you won't want snacks. Honest! Try a hard boiled egg. Hugs and good luck! xooxxo