Falling off the wagon

Options
It's been a few months since I last went to the gym. Stopped tracking food and everything. I find it really hard to go back to the routine I once had. Does anyone have tips on how to climb back on the wagon? Thanks in advance 🙂

Replies

• hixa30
    hixa30 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    When I fall off the wagon, I find joining a challenge in the Challenges forum helps. Not something hard core, just give me 10 days, give me one month, 100 days of weighing.After seeing the same number for a week, I think that maybe it's time to get started again.
  • shewhoismany
    shewhoismany Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I agree. Joining a Biggest Loser team challenge has proven to be very helpful. The group has been very supportive and some people benefit from a mild form of competition. I keep chugging along because I don't want to let my team down.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,467 Member
    Options
    Restart your food diary. Don’t even put in numbers if you don’t want to. Build the habit of logging in your food.

Look back on what happened to disrupt your program. What happened? Was your exercise plan too ambitious? Was your calorie deficit too aggressive? When you’re ready, calculate your maintenance number and the number to lose .5 lbs per week. Can you make a plan to eat within those numbers that you can actually live with? Should get you some kind of loss. You can adjust the numbers later after you have a working process. Can you make a workout plan that you will actually show up and do? If your plan is about doing things, the only way off track is to decide not to do them.

If you find yourself resisting your own plan, is there a way to make it easier? I lost a significant amount and have been maintaining for years trying to find and follow the easy road. Sometimes I have to make deals with myself to go to the gym and do half of a workout. It’s a lot better than nothing. And it keeps my habit in place. Think it over and find things your are actually willing to do. Go for a walk. You’ll do that won’t your?

Last- keep your food diary no matter what and you’ll never be off track again. Oh, you’ll go over your number here and there. Lots of ways to go over- anything from lapses in judgment to simple math mistakes or a misread menus. But keep logging everything. The process is more important than the numbers.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    You just have to want it bad enough and be ready.

Good luck!
  • Jenna__XoXo
    Jenna__XoXo Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am in the same spot right now. I was doing great up until last month I completly fell off. I have been trying to get back on track but have had no success so far.