Hope you all are better at this than I am

Options
Hi!
I am Batya. I am looking to loose close to 40 pounds. I had my beautiful son almost 3 years ago, and never dropped the weight. I actually gained some after if I recall. I had been, violated. I have purposefully been keeping the weight on because I didn't want anyone to look at me. With therapy I've realized this is not the right way to deal with trauma. I also want to set a good example for my son. I am a single mother, the father is deceased, so he's going to follow my example. I am still suffering from PTSD, panic disorder, OCD, ADD, and major depressive disorder. I am hoping to find inspiration and hopefully friends.

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Have you talked with your therapist about your weight loss plans? I ask because for someone with OCD, weighing and logging your food would probably be something that you would want to clear with your therapist first. It's important to make sure your weight loss plan is good for both your physical and mental health.
  • livilively
    livilively Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear this:( I was also assaulted and that can be devastating to your psyche. Never forget how strong you are! You can do this!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

I suffer from anxiety and depression. Within two weeks of starting mfp, my anxiety and depression symptoms had lessened and my cravings for sweets were gone.

Good luck with your journey!