Back again, looking for friends

Ok, here I am again!! I have used MFP many times on and off over the years and it has always worked and for whatever reason I always end up falling off track and stopping. I really would love to connect with some friends to help with motivation so that maybe I won't stop this time. If anyone would like to help keep each other motivated and on track, feel free to add me!

-Ashley

Replies

• goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Add me if you wish.
    All the best for the days ahead - you sound determined and (because of previous attempts) well-prepared for this one. Experience helps!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Welcome back to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

If you've reached your goals before, you know what you need to do.

Are you falling off because of deprivation? Do you plan to eat the foods you love?
  • ameyer7487
    ameyer7487 Posts: 27 Member
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Welcome back to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

If you've reached your goals before, you know what you need to do.

Are you falling off because of deprivation? Do you plan to eat the foods you love?

I think I fall off because my husband isn't very supportive. He loves to eat out, drink, and get ice cream etc. I don't mind if he eats those things but he gets upset when I don't want to. It makes it hard. I'm the type of person that needs to stay on track and not cheat. Cheating always ALWAYS leads to me completely falling off. I truly enjoy eating healthy, so it doesn't feel like I'm depriving myself of anything. I just end up feeling guilty for not joining in on the "fun."
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Maybe it's time for a heart to heart with him. Show him this thread. 💚
  • peachezncreme
    peachezncreme Posts: 60 Member
    I’ll add you! I’m back at it again as well, and need new friends. I also have a hubby that makes eating healthy difficult. It’s nice to have a support team out there :)
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    My person sometimes makes it difficult to stay on track too. Not because he isn't supportive, but because we have different eating schedules and preferences. But he does whine sometimes when I won't go out for beer with him.
  • unicorngems
    unicorngems Posts: 56 Member
    edited August 2019
    Welcome back feel free to add, I have an open diary for friends and enjoy motivating others!
  • fitsthemold
    fitsthemold Posts: 67 Member
    I am also new and looking for friends. Request has been sent!
  • arleenw
    arleenw Posts: 4 Member
    I'm new here and getting started getting back into shape again. I'll send you a request.
  • svetlanagajic
    svetlanagajic Posts: 4 Member
    Also new. No friends so far. I'll send you request.
  • Mtnbikn
    Mtnbikn Posts: 428 Member
    New also
  • brooketayr96
    brooketayr96 Posts: 2 Member
    Feel free to add me!
  • sherrismith82mfp
    sherrismith82mfp Posts: 6 Member
    Feel free to add me
  • mortonms3103
    mortonms3103 Posts: 1 Member
    New also would like to reach my goal.
  • lilgrace15
    lilgrace15 Posts: 25 Member
    Same!!
  • bradstevens28
    bradstevens28 Posts: 15 Member
    edited August 2019
    I'm new too! Just started today! Feel free to add me!
  • seepersaud
    seepersaud Posts: 5,759 Member
    long-timer but feel free to add me
  • YessyTrisiana
    YessyTrisiana Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I’m also new here and need new friends to start this journey. I’ll send u a request
  • jwilb2514384
    jwilb2514384 Posts: 6 Member
    I lost 25 lbs (195 to 170) last November but have since gained back 10 lbs. I’m determined to lose that back and want to get to my optimal weight. Would like some friends here to give encouragement to each other and/or keep each other accountable.
  • Liane18s
    Liane18s Posts: 1 Member
    I'm new too and I don't have any friends yet ☹
    I just switched from fitbit to Samsung and lost all my fitbit friends. Feel free to add me!!!