Diet Meal Replacement Powders

Options
vivo1972
vivo1972 Posts: 129 Member
For those that use them which one do you use and why please?

I'm looking at TheProteinWorks at the moment for the balance of minerals - what do you prefer?

I have my reasons for using them for my health and weight loss (I have a particular medical condition)

Ty :)

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Can you be referred to a registered dietician? They would best be able to help you.
  • vivo1972
    Options
    Ty but the waiting list is over a year πŸ˜€

Interested in what people use and why they use it πŸ˜€
  • FireyChimera
    FireyChimera Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I've used soylent powder every now and then when I am hungry and need a meal on the go/ don't feel like cooking. I don't use it often, but it's a pretty neutral taste. It will stop your stomach growling when you're hungry and have a decent balance on nutrition. I highly recommend real food though. Our bodies are designed to eat real foods that are solid :) We best absorb nutrients this way
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    vivo1972 wrote: Β»
    Ty but the waiting list is over a year πŸ˜€

Interested in what people use and why they use it πŸ˜€

The problem with asking people on an Internet forum is that no one knows what your medical condition is, and even if we did know, an RD who specializes in that condition would be a more reliable source of advice. We might accidentally give you advice that isn’t suited to your medical needs.
  • vivo1972
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I have seizures and sometimes my body won't behave itself and cooking is difficult. Nothing gastro-intestinal. Just easy shakes when I am tired,broken and put on the sofa. No biggie, just would make my life a hell of a lot easier.

That's why I am asking what are people's favourite brands as they are expensive and I would rather have recommendations
  • HoneyLipz79
    HoneyLipz79 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Slim Fast or Boost.
  • vivo1972
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Thankyou I haven't heard about Boost I ill check it out :)
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Have a look a huel
  • vivo1972
    Options
    I will do - thanks for the idea :)
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    I use the ProteinWorks as it has been the least offensive taste-wise. It blends well and keeps me full.
  • vivo1972
    Options
    Thanks it's on my list :)