new to all of this and need suppliment suggestions

Options
Im a 40 year old guy that clocks in at 340lbs at 6ft.

I need to start eating better and exercising. Right now my meals and exercise consist of downing pizza, burgers, and working out on the laptop!

I will be reducing my calories to around 2000 and focusing on a healthy balance of vegetables, fruit, and lean protiens - staying away as much as possible from the complex carbs. I also have purchased a mountain bike to start riding, and will be hitting the gym a few times a week.

My biggest quesion is what suppliments / shakes / vitamins ect... should I consider to help:

1. curb the appetite
2. keep me energized through the day (I get really sleepy and lethargic now)
3. maybe even assist with weight loss

Im new to all of this and I see so many advertisements for various suppliments ect... shakeology, alli, hydroxycut, ect...

Any advice is appreciated.

Replies

• Amyding115
    Amyding115 Posts: 120
    Options
    Coconut oil supplement from Emerald Laboratories (you can get it at whole foods or vitamin cottage) has helped my curb my appetite. I don't take anything else in the way of a supplement and that seems to do great for me. Good luck! Add me if you want...
  • Sanjanapahalad
    Sanjanapahalad Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm a Sports Nutritionist. I can help....doing a Draft right now... tell me what you eat in the meantime.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Im a 40 year old guy that clocks in at 340lbs at 6ft.

I need to start eating better and exercising. Right now my meals and exercise consist of downing pizza, burgers, and working out on the laptop!

I will be reducing my calories to around 2000 and focusing on a healthy balance of vegetables, fruit, and lean protiens - staying away as much as possible from the complex carbs. I also have purchased a mountain bike to start riding, and will be hitting the gym a few times a week.

My biggest quesion is what suppliments / shakes / vitamins ect... should I consider to help:

1. curb the appetite
    2. keep me energized through the day (I get really sleepy and lethargic now)
    3. maybe even assist with weight loss

Im new to all of this and I see so many advertisements for various suppliments ect... shakeology, alli, hydroxycut, ect...

Any advice is appreciated.

Haha, I swear by Shakeology. I haven't had it in 3 days and I feel like crap. With the kids home until school starts I am all thrown off my schedule, so I haven't been having my shakeology like I did in the past and my body is letting me know. I am eating more junk, I am hungrier and I have been very lethargic. So Shakeology gets my vote. It will help you accomplish all 3 of your goals.
  • luckiest05
    Options
    Hey! My husband & I take multi-vitamin packs from GNC everyday and he also drinks EAS shakes as a meal replacement (has a lot of protein). We also do strength training and 30 minutes of cardio every other day. I've only lost 7 lbs so far, but he has lost 50 lbs. and kept it off for a year.

Hope some of that info can help!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

^^this is going to make a huge difference to your appetite and energy levels. I dont think you need anything more. Just make sure you start the day with more protein than processed carbs, complex carbs are fine, and you'll be good to go. You just need to eat things that take longer to digest. Fibre rich. Protein. :bigsmile:

Good luck :flowerforyou: