Post pregnancy, need friends, help and motivation

Hi everyone!
I’m Steph, 26 years old and a mum to a 10 week old baby boy. I’m sitting currently at 17 stones and this is the biggest I have ever been. I feel horrendous. I’ve lost my confidence completely.

The stress of being a new mum gets to me and I seem to comfort eat which is obviously helping me pile on the pounds. I need to get myself healthy. I don’t want to be the fat mum who can’t run around the park with her child.

My problem is I love food! I love my carbs. My fiancé eats whatever he wants and never seems to put weight on and I find that hard to live with. When I’m trying to eat healthy and he’s eating crisps and biscuits etc I end up caving. My motivation is low but it’s in me somewhere, I need help finding it.

I need friends who can support me when I have a low moment. I need friends to give me a kick up the *kitten* when I need it. I don’t want to do my weight loss journey alone, I need help!!

Please if you think you can help me, add me, message me. Let’s do this together!

Replies

• clockyer89xx
    clockyer89xx Posts: 7 Member
    Hey I feel you! I have a near 3 year old and stress defiantly means I comfort eat! My diet is terrible atm. Feel free to add me x
  • stephgrant1993
    stephgrant1993 Posts: 9 Member
    That’s my downfall, comfort eating and quick convenience food! My diet is also terrible but I’m determined tomorrow I’m going to give it a go!!!

I tried to add you but it won’t let me add anyone as a friend, have no idea why! You’ll need to send me a request xx
  • chixy18
    chixy18 Posts: 32 Member
    Hey ! My names also Steph! I have a ten yr old n a 16 month old! I lost my baby weight easily n then just stayed there i can not for the life of me loose more! I feel huge i have never been this big. Im 7 lbs away from what i weighed in labor with my first😩😩😩my goal would be 135 im at 154(gained 9 lbs on vacation last week)
  • stephgrant1993
    stephgrant1993 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi Steph!! I lost a good stone and then put it all back on again after having Isaac. I have a good 5/6 stones to lose so I’ve got a long journey ahead of me. I so can’t wait to feel healthier and more confident again!
  • iusedqu1nn
    iusedqu1nn Posts: 6 Member
    Adding! I'm looking to lose at least these last ten lbs of baby weight from my second. She's 18 months now and I have a 4 year old son.
  • zezec3
    zezec3 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey steph feel free to add me as well!
  • earlone1
    earlone1 Posts: 29 Member
    You’re amazing give yourself a break plenty of time to lose weight
  • sallypiernot5150
    sallypiernot5150 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey ladies! I’m in the same boat. I stay home with my girls (almost 3 and 6 months) and have kept all the weight on since my first was born...and I was heavier then than I would have liked. I’m trying to get into it now, and would love some new friends to help! Please add me!
  • ekboh
    ekboh Posts: 53 Member
    I've added you! I love food too... that is my biggest struggle lol i swear I only workout so I can EAT!