Snacks/Food to make up remainin calories for the day without sugar/fat/guiltšŸ˜¬!?

Options
I am supposed to have 26/2700 calories but regularly have a few hundred left to hit after 4 meals plus fruit just need a few snacks/tricks/extras to fill in the gaps please?

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Popcorn
  • PiscesIntuition
    PiscesIntuition Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Protein:
    Boiled eggs
    Greek yogurt
    Half chicken breast
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    this
    57a9b414-8c20-4af2-a393-0978c55a9c14_1.a56a0f1c8064bfd0862405fb71414fbb.jpeg?odnWidth=undefined&odnHeight=undefined&odnBg=ffffff
    plus this
    sabra%3Axlargeretina

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Why are you avoiding fat? Normally something like nuts would be what I'd recommend in this case, and while nuts are higher fat there's no reason to avoid them but for them being high cal (which is a plus here).
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    For me ... A chocolate or strawberry cheesecake bomb before ablutions.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    this
    57a9b414-8c20-4af2-a393-0978c55a9c14_1.a56a0f1c8064bfd0862405fb71414fbb.jpeg?odnWidth=undefined&odnHeight=undefined&odnBg=ffffff
    plus this
    sabra%3Axlargeretina

OMG! Yum. Only the Israeli family who usually setup at our Farmers market aren't regulars ... Hit and miss. Now I am wanting to eat it with their garbanzo flour pita chips.
  • courtejo
    courtejo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love the outshine popsicles! Especially in the summer!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    You don't need to avoid sugar or fat unless your doctor has specifically told you to do so in order to treat a medical condition. In addition, your body needs a minimum amount of fat per day. It's not healthy to cut dietary fat so low that you're not meeting your nutritional requirements. If you have calories left over and you've hit your protein and fat for the day, then eat what you want to make up the rest.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I just ate oreos, and i feel gross. I don't eat sugar anymore. All I'm trying to do is fill a deficit. I'm not quiet there, but close enough. :(

I think that you really need to change the way you look at sugar. Sugar isn't something to be demonized and it won't make you gain weight any more than protein will. Unless there's some extenuating medical reason, there's no need to cut out sugar (and I'm assuming you're talking about added sugar here).
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    aokoye wrote: Ā»
    I just ate oreos, and i feel gross. I don't eat sugar anymore. All I'm trying to do is fill a deficit. I'm not quiet there, but close enough. :(

I think that you really need to change the way you look at sugar. Sugar isn't something to be demonized and it won't make you gain weight any more than protein will. Unless there's some extenuating medical reason, there's no need to cut out sugar (and I'm assuming you're talking about added sugar here).

Diabetes. It is in remission but it could just as easily creep back on me. I prefer fruit when I want sweet
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    OP anything you want. Why no fat or sugar? Nothing should be off limits, calorie wise. There s/b no guilt for anything you desire, you have the calories.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    i keep snack bags of the sahale nut mixes on those days wehre i have extra fats available (typically i burn through mine) - a bag is about 250cal - i like the almond cranberry ones
  • amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    @AnnPT77 I've definitely gone for a beer, or wine, when if got a few hundred left at the end of the day. :)