1,000 cals over yesterday!

Options
I had a horrible hangover from barely eating the day before and drinking .. So yesterday I was 1000cals over with no excercise!! Today I tried to not eat the cals i overate yesterday and i am a little below my daily goal! I FEEL FAT AS HELL TODAY!! What do i do? keep eating my goal or fast?

Replies

• Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I had a horrible hangover from barely eating the day before and drinking .. So yesterday I was 1000cals over with no excercise!! Today I tried to not eat the cals i overate yesterday and i am a little below my daily goal! I FEEL FAT AS HELL TODAY!! What do i do? keep eating my goal or fast?

Eat your goal. You already are slowing your metabolism with the booze, you need to keep it fed now to get your energy level back up.

Just treat it as a cheat day. I do, when I drink ;)
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Don't Do it!!! Don't fast you will only cause yourself to repeat the process trust me I have been caught in this vicious cycle for a while now :blushing: Just get on it hard tomorrow you got this girl! The main thing is you are aware that is step one! we all have bad days get back on that horse and ride :laugh: :heart: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: You got this!
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Just go back to normal. 1 day won't make much difference. I routinely go close to 1000 calories over my goal and don't gain because there are also days where I'm a little less than my goal. Don't sweat it.
  • complicatedmoves
    complicatedmoves Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Keep your goal, and work out. It might even boost your metabolism if you eat the right foods...alcohol kinda messes up all calorie goals . Too many carbs, and too many calories.
  • kathywoo10
    kathywoo10 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I agree that you should eat your goal. You don't want to fall into a bad cycle of binge eating and fasting.
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Just put it behind you and move on. Punishing yourself will only make things worse.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    no fasting. your body only knows what it needs TODAY. 1000 over in one day is really not a big deal . . . don't sweat it.

blessings.
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Just as long as you don't make it a habit, you will be just fine :) Don't worry about it, continue with your normal routine, and maybe eat slightly lower on your calories or do a few extra workouts this week.
  • NeonNikki
    NeonNikki Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    :O I AM IN THE SAME BOAT! Totally hung over and had to work alll day- I ate so so so much :( I feel like crap. Not eating for a day isn't going to kill you but I would listen to the advise of others to avoid a visous cycle.

However-at the same time- some individuals diets consist of eating/overeating one day and fasting the next. Although I think most would agree that's potentially going to lead to some sort of eating disorder/issue.

My advise-Maybe aim for 100 or 50 calories less than usual for the following 4-5 days-this way you wont be super hungry and feel like eating the house again AND you will be in a deficit that will put you back on track in the long run.

what ever you do-don't punish yourself. I know. It hard- I def. feel like crying after a day of mindless overeating :(
  • Lolyballs
    Lolyballs Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    you keep eating your goal... forget yesterday and the day before. Keep looking forward. We are human and we screw up. The important thing is that we get up, dust ourselves off and continue on.
  • oxlypglozzxo
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great support. Instead of fasting, I just ate really light today and drank a bunch of water.. My gym was closed today so no workout. (I am a server and am on my feet alllll day anyways). I will increase a little over the next few days until I'm back to my goal. I gained 4 lbs after this whole thing. I will definitely think twice before I go out drinking because it has thrown me off sooo much. Everyone at work said i look great today, but I FEEL bad. Lots of natural food, grilled mahi mahi, and WATER. Bought a new scale today. I am happy and upset that my old one was no accurate. poop. oh yeah, and i havent gone number two in like 4 days. i know that has a lot to do with my weight right now.