Anyone know the nutritional info for petite potatoes?

I got a bag of these petite (baby) gold potatoes, and can't figure out which database entry to use. I am trying to get this the most accurate, and am super confused. I have both Googled and looked at the database here, and everything says something different.

Some listings say 148 grams (which I prefer weighing) for 110 calories. All the other listings are 110 calories, but some say 1 potato, some say 3 or 5 potatoes, others say ounces.

Help?

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited August 2019
    I would definitely choose ounces. That's how I weigh mine.

I used the yellow potatoes entry.
  • justanotherjenn
    justanotherjenn Posts: 64 Member
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    I would definitely choose ounces. That's how I weigh mine.

I used the yellow potatoes entry.

Thank you!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,052 Member
    Unfortunately, the "verified" green check marks in the MFP database are used for both user-created entries and admin-created entries that MFP pulled from the USDA database. To find admin entries for whole foods, I get the syntax from the USDA database and paste that into MFP.

Note: any MFP entry that includes "USDA" was user entered.

I'd use "Potatoes, flesh and skin, raw"
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Weigh all food that can be weighed. Whether you use ounces or fractions of grams is personal preference, but you should always weigh rather than logging, say, “1 potato.”
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited August 2019
    Was there a nutrition label on the bag, or did you buy loose? I always use the gram weight when available, because "one" or "two" potatoes is incredibly inaccurate and ounces aren't metric.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, the "verified" green check marks in the MFP database are used for both user-created entries and admin-created entries that MFP pulled from the USDA database. To find admin entries for whole foods, I get the syntax from the USDA database and paste that into MFP.

Note: any MFP entry that includes "USDA" was user entered.

I'd use "Potatoes, flesh and skin, raw"

Exactly this. Double check at the USDA site if you aren't sure about an entry, but any good (USDA) entry on MFP should have lots of measurement options, including per 100 g. I use g personally, as it's the easiest (142=1.42 for the 100 g option). Oz that have decimals are fine too, but I currently think about small weights more in grams and find them easier.