Atkins Bars (For Fiber) on Low Carb Diet

Has anyone taken the atkins chocolate bars? I needed to add fiber to my diet BIG TIME, and one of their bars is 18 Carbs with 14 grams of fiber (4 net carbs). Has anyone else tried these? Looking at the Chocolate Cookie Dough Bar. Thanks

Replies

• soysaucekitty
    soysaucekitty Posts: 11 Member
    For me the sugar alcohols in these bars upset my stomach. Try low carb wraps. They have 6 grams net carbs and 14 grams fiber. I buy the brand Mission but lots of options for low carb high fiber wraps. To me they are a lifesafer. A full size wrap is about 70 calories with 6 grams net carbs and 14 grams fiber.
  • TheOldBallCoach43420
    TheOldBallCoach43420 Posts: 119 Member
    For me the sugar alcohols in these bars upset my stomach. Try low carb wraps. They have 6 grams net carbs and 14 grams fiber. I buy the brand Mission but lots of options for low carb high fiber wraps. To me they are a lifesafer. A full size wrap is about 70 calories with 6 grams net carbs and 14 grams fiber.

Where do you find these in your store? Sorry, I’m a guy 😂
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    I haven't tried the Atkins bars, but I have tried these that I listed below. All have at least 10 grams of fiber.

Powerbar Clean Whey protein bars (13 grams for the chocolate chip cookie dough flavor)
    Quest protein bars (15 grams for the cookies and cream flavor)
    Kirkland protein bars - Costco - (15 grams for the chocolate brownie flavor)

I find the low carb wraps with the tortillas.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I buy fibre bran at the bakery supply shop and mix it in in a number of dishes.
  • TheOldBallCoach43420
    I haven't tried the Atkins bars, but I have tried these that I listed below. All have at least 10 grams of fiber.

Powerbar Clean Whey protein bars (13 grams for the chocolate chip cookie dough flavor)
    Quest protein bars (15 grams for the cookies and cream flavor)
    Kirkland protein bars - Costco - (15 grams for the chocolate brownie flavor)

I find the low carb wraps with the tortillas.

What are the carbs in each?

• StayingFitWithMe
    StayingFitWithMe Posts: 1 Member
    You can find the Atkins bars at your local Walmart over by the Pharmacy area. That's where mine are at my local one. Never tried them before, but wanting too here soon. Ive heard though great reviews for them, and they're great tasting!! :)
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    I love them. I eat the chocolate coconut ones. I'm not low carb I just like the boost of fiber to my diet. Also they're so tasty.
  • soysaucekitty
    soysaucekitty Posts: 11 Member
    So in my community I find the low carb wraps with the tortillas in just about any grocery store. They are actually tortillas but can be used just like a wrap. They are huge and filled with fiber and only 6 grams net carbs. So perfect for low carb diets if you are craving a sandwich. Or perfect for eggs and salsa. They are low carb, low calorie and high fiber.
  • dloewen17
    dloewen17 Posts: 52 Member
    I’m a huge fan of the Atkins chocolate peanut butter bars (23 total carbs but 3 grams net carbs) They have 16 G protein and personally I just love how they taste. They’re really not like a Reese’s peanut butter cup but I kinda think they taste kind of alike just way healthier.
    @soysaucekitty threw out a great suggestion with those wraps. I’m a huge huge fan of those and constantly eat them. I buy the mission carb balance whole wheat tortillas. They have them in different sizes but all have loads of fiber in every wrap. I get them at wal-mart.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    This brand of tortilla wrap comes in various flavors (50 calories each, 11 grams of fiber, 16 total carbs, 4 g protein) https://olemex.com/products/high-fiber-low-carb-wrap/
  • chelny
    chelny Posts: 179 Member
    It is optimal to get your fiber from fruits, vegetables, beans, nuts, etc. That being said, I'm also eating low carb, so I only have so much of those items. I've been buying dietary fiber powder (psyllium), which you can put in yogurt, beverages, etc. It is tasteless. I find when putting it in my water, it takes a few minutes to dissolve fully. Or shaking the water, like in a water bottle, helps the powder dissolve quicker.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member

Why does being a guy mean you can’t find tortilla wraps in a grocery store? 😂 men gotta shop and eat, same as women
  • TheOldBallCoach43420

Why does being a guy mean you can’t find tortilla wraps in a grocery store? 😂 men gotta shop and eat, same as women

Because I am usually the one pushing the cart with both kids in it instead of the one actually plucking the grocery LOL
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,881 Member

:lol:

They could be several places, so perhaps ask where you can find the tortillas.

I have seen them:
    1. In the aisle with salsa (best bet)
    2. In the dairy section near the eggs
    3. On end displays by the deli
  • TheOldBallCoach43420
    Found them tonight! Thanks everyone!
  • zagnuts2
    zagnuts2 Posts: 3 Member
    Those Kirkland protein bars are great. Lots of fiber,lots of protein and low in carbs(4) recommend them highly.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,881 Member
    A tablespoon of chia seeds provides 5 g of fiber with only one net carb and 68 calories.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Big fan of both the atkins bars - one tastes just like a snickers- and the low carb wraps. Mine are located with some other wraps and I found them accidentally. They redid our market and I was nervous they were going to relocate them, like they did everything else I can no longer find!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,386 MFP Moderator
    I much prefer the quest bars over atkins. But i also agree the a good chia seed pudding is a great way fiber.
  • TheOldBallCoach43420
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    A tablespoon of chia seeds provides 5 g of fiber with only one net carb and 68 calories.

What do you put them with, or mix with? People have said they are awful if saturated.