Hi All ... I am new :)

Options
Hi my name is Sandee, I am way too many pounds overweight and have a very sedentary job. I sit behind a computer for 10 hours a day. And I am hitting the 50 mark, so I need to do something to change things. Well obviously I can't do anything about the age, but I CAN do something about the pounds. I sure hope this helps. I am trying to figure out how to find recipes etc, but have yet to figure that out. I am definitely open for any suggestions or advice.

I hope everyone here is doing well. And I look forward to meeting new people who are in the same boat as I am .

Good Luck everyone.
ttys
Sandee

Replies

• PearlMarie_3gen_11484
    Options
    Hello and welcome! You can do it! I have faith in you! I'm so glad you're with us!:happy:
  • sayambular
    sayambular Posts: 205
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
  • levigal
    levigal Posts: 54
    Options
    Hello and welcome :-)

A friend of mine here on MFP spoke about a great web site for recipes. I tried it and it is AWESOME! It's www.halfmysize.com.
    I'm new here too so I'd be glad to have another friend. Just drop me a request :-)
  • neva4saken
    neva4saken Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Welcome, just wanted to say good luck to you on your journey as long as you give 100% i am sure you will do great, and as you get in shape you will also do something about your age, although you can not change it numerically physically you will feel better inside and out feel free to add me as a friend if you so choose God speed to you :-)
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sandee,
    I just started this week with MFP. I am down 8 pounds since Aug. 5th. I am 54 so we are about the same age. The best thing that I've found on MFP is the food diary. It realy helps me keep track. If you have a smart phone they sync so you can put in data from either advice and it registers on the other. It also lets you keep track of those eight glasses of water you need. That has really helped me. I know there a lot of things that I haven't figured out yet, like how to friend someone and how to post pictures, but I like the things I've tried to use. This week its all about learning more. My biggest problem is exercise. I bought new walking shoes today and plan to begin walking and recording that data tomorrow. I sit WAAAAAY too much. I am unemployed (lost my job in June) so I am spending lots of time on the internet looking for a new one and filling out online apps. Time to get moving. If you know how to friend someone I'd like to connect with you. Good luck, Sharon
  • Mark4Fitness
    Mark4Fitness Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Sandee - the weight loss CAN happen! My good friend Deb who is 50, was about 217 at 5'2". Today she is at 145 and now in a size 10 - down from a size 24! She has an amazing workout ethic and belongs to the same gym as I do... Granted this did not happen overnight (neither did our weight gain!) but she has been so very consistant with diet and exercise and lost it over about 15 months. Proper diet is the most important item to address in weight loss however, fitness training is very important as well... Her upbringing promoted good ole southern cooking combined with little or no phytsical activity so she had to make some major mental and physical changes. Mindless eating stopped and right choices and smaller portions became the norm... It completely changed her life! Making time to workout became a priority and is scheduled into her calendar. There are so many hours in a day and I understand that a 10 hour a day computer job is difficult but i do encourage you to get some physical exercise daily. Have you considered a personal trainer?

Best of luck to you!

Mark
  • Mark4Fitness
    Mark4Fitness Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    BTW - that is her in the picture!
  • debclif
    debclif Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I've been here about 2 weeks now, and this is the best weight loss site ever and it's FREE!
  • angeleyes1015
    angeleyes1015 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    my daughter lost quite a few pounds and looks great using this site - so I am on board to try to get down to a healthier weight - not easy - put on 40 pounds last fall/winter when I was laid up - but need to lose that and a bit more - here comes the first steps to healthy me