11th week of Intermittent Fasting

Options
Hi i'm on my 11th week of intermittent fasting today, but for the past 1 week
i cannot really help my self but to binge eating and eat sweets like i am craving for it.
i hate my self doing this. I want to start counting calories so i know how my progress is moving
towards my goal. I want to also get some insight techniques of how to avoid overeating. How you guys do it.

Thank you.

Replies

• amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I've been tracking calories and doing some intermittent fasting, and I'm also about 15 weeks in. over the last few weeks I have had a few cravings and have found ways to satisfy them without going over on calories.

I think it's two main things: 1) finding something that will really satisfy the craving, rather than reaching for the nearest convenient thing, and 2) shifting around other items to compensate.

for example! yesterday I had a craving for something baked. now, the nearest thing would have been pre-pakaged, gross muffins so instead I walked over to a cafe (had to stop at an ATM anyway, so extra walking!). I checked out what they had and nothing looked good to me, so I continued walking to a separate cafe that I knew had good scones. which they did! so I got one, walked back to my office, and savored it. I had it instead of my usual afternoon snack, so the overall difference was only 150-200 cals.

summary: I think it's important to listen to cravings, but to choose what you select to satisfy it and make sure it's something you really want.

I hope that helps!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    i cannot really help my self but to binge eating and eat sweets like i am craving for it.
    i hate my self doing this. I want to start counting calories so i know how my progress is moving
    towards my goal. I want to also get some insight techniques of how to avoid overeating. How you guys do it.

Thank you.

If you have not been tracking your intake there is a chance you have not been eating enough and you are in a state of rebellion. How much weight have you lost in the last 11 weeks?

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Whether doing IF or not, you should be logging your calories. It's the only way to know if you are in a calorie deficit and that's what you need for weight loss.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options

Thank you.

The over-eating may be due to the restriction of fasting. Remember, not all diets are for everyone...
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options

Thank you.

While an IF routine can be useful to create a calorie deficit without counting calories - it can also cause problems both ways.

You can easily eat enough in short window to eat more than maintenance and gain fat.
    You can easily eat way too little in a window and as mentioned above - cause body to rebel and fight against you - ie binging.

Might be useful to count calories on some days and see if you are in a _reasonable_ deficit.

Even people doing non-IF schedule can eat too little because of unreasonable deficit and create the same issue.

How much you got to lose to healthy weight?
  • Howard_M_Burgerz
    Howard_M_Burgerz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    After tinkering with my IF for almost 15 years...I finally found the two things that guarantee success for someone just starting out or a veteran IF'er like myself... Like most things in life I searched for some mystical zen like epiphany, when in reality the answer was right in front of me the whole time. Ever since I finally figured this out my IF has become so easy and the pounds are melting off with amazing consistency... ooops sorry a skype call coming in brb...