SlimFast.....Anyone

Options
Hey, Is anybody incorporating slimfast or following there 3 2 1 meal plan. Would like to know, how are the results and how do the shakes and bars taste??? TIA

Replies

• ShaoonaRae
    ShaoonaRae Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I occasionally drink one for breakfast, If I'm not that hungry. I kinda like the strawberry ones, and the Dark chocolate tastes good. My favorite was the cappuccino flavor, but I can't find that anymore. :(
  • MsCandyLynn
    Options
    I dont don't use the 321 plan however i do the shake in the morning for breakfast with 1% milk instead of skim and sometimes add peanutbutter to it to increase the protein, but i also use a whey protein shake 1-2x a day .. i use slim fast in the morning bc its quick and easy and i actually enjoy the taste however i think the idea of 321 is too little calories and i won't stay full all day!
  • lbruce14
    lbruce14 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I use it as an easy to pack lunch for work. I LOVE the peanut butter snack bars (my young kids fight me for them) and the chocolate meal bars...throw them in the fridge for a few hours and they're chewy chocolatey goodness. Chocolate and peanut butter are my biggest weaknesses so I'll happily eat these every day. Close enough to the real thing. But I don't care for the shakes, I need to chew my meals, not drink them, just a mental thing I suppose.
  • mjgregg12
    Options
    You're better off with a whey protein shake at the end of the day.
  • NurseHthr
    NurseHthr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Personal opinion is this: if you use them as an occasional meal replacement they're super handy. However, I don't believe in it as a long term plan. I just don't think something like that is sustainable and most people I know, myself included, gain all the weight back.
    I did like the shakes and bars though, they taste pretty good.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I used to drink the Slimfast shakes, when I was younger... and by that, I mean when I was way too young to be dieting to that extreme... so I can't really tell you about their effectiveness, but they were tasty enough to have a 12 yr old not gag :) My mom would get it for the 3 of us (my sister as well) whenever she wanted to try doing it. She would do the diet properly and my sis and I would usually just sub out breakfast for a shake... We would drink the chocolate and vanilla ones...

I haven't had it in ages, and my mom has not bothered with it in a really long time as well, so I think that should say something about it's effectiveness.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    There are much better choices on the market when it comes to protein or meal replacement shakes. Compare the nutrition facts on the label.... The slimfast label reads more ore less like junk food to me.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I used to drink them years ago. Then after reading the label, I realized, I could be better off just having a bowl of cereal instead.

I agree with the others, There are better alternatives available.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Shakes and bars are good. I tried it and it didn't really work for me. I found the shakes to be a good hunger satisfaction. I was full after one shake that would be my breakfast.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I did the whole SlimFast thing back in graduate school and lost weight very quickly, but couldn't keep it off--I also didn't like the taste of the pre-made shakes in the cans, and the "powder" didn't mix very well (and tasted bad with water)...if you're looking for an occasional meal replacement protein shake (protein helps keep you full) try one of the whey protein ones and look for one with low sugar and low carbs, if possible :) I use Body Fortress Advanced Whey Protein very occasionally and don't even always mix with milk because it tastes ok with water...
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    If you do it, make sure you eat a little more than they say because if you follow it to a tee you are only eating 1200 calories a day and that can be awful low for some folks.
  • Watch_Me_Shrink
    Watch_Me_Shrink Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i used to drink the chocolate shakes for breakfast, so did my mum. unfortunately they dont sell it anymore here in australia :(
    i did manage to lose a little weight while drinking them, but nothing substantial really.
    a whey protein shake would be a better option if you ask me.
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    they have SO much sugar!!! not good for you.....
  • Sugs94
    Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I have a can of the chocolate powder that I occasionally mix up with skim and PB at times. I use it occasionally to have a changeup in my breakfast routine...but don't drink it on a regular basis. On a funny note...one of my friends had a father who was trying to lose weight and was drinking slim fast. However he was gaining weight instead. He was complaining to my friend that he didn;t think that drinking this along with his meals was helping :)
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    99% of the time that is what i have for breakfast I do 1 cup milk 1 scoop 1 banana and a lot of crushes ice mix in blender makes 2 16 oz glasses because of ice banana gives it a creamy texture
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    nevermind.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    When I was following the plan I lost 12lbs rather quickly. For me, slimfast was a good way to start since it helps you watch portion sizes and eventually your stomach shrinks and you won't want to over-eat food. You just won't have room. I still incorporate in the shakes/ meal bars to replace one meal if I'm in a rush or not very hungry but should eat something.
    The cappuccino shakes are my favorite. I also like strawberry, got burnt out on chocolate royal. I eat luna bars instead of meal bars now because I got burnt out on them but cookie dough was my favorite. The plan doesn't offer me as many calories as I need though now that I'm working out again. So that's why I usually just replace one meal a day if I do it. So that keeps me around eating 1300-1500 calories a day since I"m burning off 300-500 working out.