Fresh Start... ACL surgery & weightloss

Options
Hi everyone, my name is Marissa and I’m a grad student newly recovering from ACL and meniscus surgery. After NYE I downloaded this app (logged my weight and food for maybe 3 days haha), but quickly forgot it amidst busy school life. On the 4th of July of this year, I sustained my 2nd injury to my knee resulting in a torn ACL and and meniscus:( While I know my weight was not the sole contributing to my tears I know it’s significantly contributed to my injury. It’s time put myself first (this has been 15 years in the making), get healthy, and feel comfortable in my own skin! Because losing weight isn’t difficult enough, I am also limited due to precautions following my surgery. I am posting this for accountability, and looking for a couple of people that would love to keep each other on track!!! Please reach out if you have any advice or similar stories! I can’t wait for what the future holds..

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Good luck with your journey and recovery.
  • CoryBIsMe
    CoryBIsMe Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I had my ACL reconstruction surgery at the end of May. Just hit the 3 month mark. Would be happy to be buddies here for motivation, accountability, and a sympathetic ear when needed. 😊