Looking for friends with 100lbs to lose

Options
I have a few friends but I am looking for people in a similar boat. I am 40 and have 100lbs to lose although I'm aiming for only 70 right now. I am also an emotional eater and although I ride my bike about 175 miles a week with a 25lb dog, I haven't lost any weight doing just that. So I came back to MFP. I'm also a gamer and a nerd with bipolar. 😛

Replies

• VictoriaWard1988
    VictoriaWard1988 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm about halfway through my journey to lose 100lbs. Feel free to add me :)
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    55, multiple false starts on mfp, mildly disabled, used to do sprint-length triathlons before unrelated disabling injury, hypothyroid but treated. Probably depressed at the moment but no formal diagnosis. Nerd but not gamer. Current weight 253. Aiming for an intermediate target of 220 so that it's not overwhelming.
  • amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    175 miles a week? dang! I've been inching my way up this summer and I'm at ~90/week. I've also been working towards 100 lbs lost! I'm at 26 so far. :)

eating differently has been a huge help. I've stopped eating out of boredom and am paying attention to serving sizes (and alcohol consumption), which has been working pretty well. it sounds like that's a good area for you to focus on too.
  • HazelMayes
    HazelMayes Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I’m about 32 down, another 100-150 to go. 100 will put me back in the 100s and I’ll keep losing until I hit the point where my 1200-1400 calories I typically eat gets me to maintaining instead of losing 🙂
  • TexasTallchick
    TexasTallchick Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    If you’re just exercising and not abiding by any caloric deficit in your food intake, you’re not going to see much of a reduction in weight. Are you eating the calories back that you burn from your bike rides? You could ride 150 miles a week, but if you’re consuming more than you’re burning, you’re not going to lose a pound. It’s really just that simple. You don’t even have to exercise at all to lose weight. There are many benefits, but just a caloric deficit is enough to drop pounds.

If you don’t already have them, get a decent digital food scale, and a set each of measuring cups/spoons. Weigh your solids on the scale in grams. Measure your liquids in the cups and things like salad dressings/condiments in the measuring spoons. Track it everything that way (not relying on the back of the package, etc.) and then log it.

I just have to guess, based on your info, that you’re overeating...by quite a bit. Start logging everything that goes into your mouth and make sure it’s as accurate as possible. Feel free to add me as a friend. I certainly have my own struggles and we can support each other. 🙂
  • anthonysdunn
    anthonysdunn Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I have about 100 lbs to lose. I’m starting with 60 for first goal. I just started yesterday
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Hey Courier cycling buddy!

I'm all in!
  • scarletrozes91
    scarletrozes91 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I originally lost a 100 lbs back in 2014. But after my sister passed away, I turned back to old eating habits and gained it all back. Now I'm finally at a point in my life where mentally I'm ready once again to lose this weight, but this time I'm keeping it off for good.
  • ChickieBoom22
    ChickieBoom22 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I’m 39 with 150 pounds to lose. I lost 110 back in 2012/2013 but gained it all back. My 2019 restart was on March 10th and I’ve lost 53 pounds so far so still almost 100 pounds more to go.
  • CourierSixx
    CourierSixx Posts: 50 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    mgobluetx wrote: »
    If you’re just exercising and not abiding by any caloric deficit in your food intake, you’re not going to see much of a reduction in weight. Are you eating the calories back that you burn from your bike rides? You could ride 150 miles a week, but if you’re consuming more than you’re burning, you’re not going to lose a pound. It’s really just that simple. You don’t even have to exercise at all to lose weight. There are many benefits, but just a caloric deficit is enough to drop pounds.

If you don’t already have them, get a decent digital food scale, and a set each of measuring cups/spoons. Weigh your solids on the scale in grams. Measure your liquids in the cups and things like salad dressings/condiments in the measuring spoons. Track it everything that way (not relying on the back of the package, etc.) and then log it.

I just have to guess, based on your info, that you’re overeating...by quite a bit. Start logging everything that goes into your mouth and make sure it’s as accurate as possible. Feel free to add me as a friend. I certainly have my own struggles and we can support each other. 🙂

Ah no I meant I wasn't losing weight doing just biking because I didn't care what I ate. I probably ate at least 3000 calories some days. I could emotionally eat half a container of ice cream or 5 chocolate chip cookies. 🙃. Now I'm a couple of weeks into being back to MFP and I am losing again. The emotional eating is still a struggle but so far telling myself food is one thing I can control is helping.

PS do own a food scale and brought it back out 2 weeks ago.
  • CourierSixx
    CourierSixx Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I originally lost a 100 lbs back in 2014. But after my sister passed away, I turned back to old eating habits and gained it all back. Now I'm finally at a point in my life where mentally I'm ready once again to lose this weight, but this time I'm keeping it off for good.

So sorry for your loss. I know the feeling. I lost 70lbs and was geared to lose more but my step father was killed on the job and just gained it all back, and then some.
  • janx218
    janx218 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I actually lost 100 lbs between 2014-2015, but have since gained most of it (about 80 lbs) back. I'm 36, and now that I'm closer to 40 than 30, I feel like I really need to take my health more seriously. I actually just signed up for a HealthyWager to lose 80 lbs in the next 12 months, but my overall goal is to lose 100. Also a nerd/occasional gamer, and definite emotional eater.