Looking to find others on their journey

Options
Hi I am Emily. At my largest I was nearly 460. Now I am wanting to find others just to be support along the way. Many in my life are moving toward weight loss surgery and I personally want to lose it naturally. So now at two months in I know I will need to build support. Feel free to share and make contact. Reading what I have is truly inspiring from those here.

Replies

• OGJake12
    OGJake12 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi Emily, I am all the way in agreeance about losing naturally. Shot you a friend request. I've lost about 50 pounds in the past but I've maintained being down 35 or so for 3 years. I'm hoping to continue and finish up my loss portion of my journey here soon. My big issue is sustaining basketball injuries that keep me off the court. I haven't played real basketball in 3 years due to fear of another injury (was something I did multiple times a week in the past). I'm hoping to get light and feel comfortable getting back out there
  • CactiCody
    CactiCody Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello Emily! My name is Cody & I'm looking for the same thing, support on my weightloss journey. I'd love to connect & show some support <3
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Amber. I also wanna do this naturally. I've made it this far on my own, surgery would feel like giving up.

No judgment on those who do it, the surgery takes hard work and bravery also, these are just my feelings about my own journey.
  • LeeH31
    LeeH31 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi Emily. I applaud your resolution to lose weight without surgery. The success rate of surgical patients to LOSE weight seems great, but the failure to MAINTAIN weight loss is dismal. To have bariatric surgery one must first spend at least 30 days eating the way you must eat AFTER surgery. If you can do that, then you can do this!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Good luck with your journey!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,746 Member
    Options
    Hi Emily! Congratulations on being two months into your life changes. I applaud you for wanting to lose the weight versus surgery, you can do this in a healthy way! I have physical limitations I have to work around but am down just under 90lbs at this point. You got this!