Bloat with training on calorie deficit?

Options
Hello

I have been trying to cut a few pounds by tracking my calorie intake here, and continuing with my training. I run 20-25 miles/week on average and strength train 2 days/ week. I am noticing that I am retaining water a lot and have stomach bloat. It’s discouraging given the goals i am striving for. I am 5’2 and 118 lbs and just looking to lose a few nothing crazy. Just curious if this is a byproduct of cutting calories while continuing to train? Have noticed my energy has not been great in general so trying to be sure I am getting enough quality calories to help with that (fruits, veggies, clean protein, etc). Anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    only when I eat stuff that makes me bloat, such as broccoli.
  • cherriegh
    cherriegh Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Lifting can make you retain water. I bloat when I eat high carb food like bread, pasta, bread rolls etc and food high in sugar also make me retain water. If you are low on energy maybe you have cut too much calories. Monitor your deficit and don't cut too much if you are training just as hard since your weight is already low but that's just me.

Add things like brown rice, lean protein like fish and chicken and good fats.