Questions for those who stick to 1200 calories a day.

Options
How long have you been sticking to 1200 calories a day? Do you see a steady loss each week? Do you eat back your exercise calories? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Since April.

Yes, when I don't f-up and binge.

Nope.

You can check out my diary if you'd like! I tend to go under 1200 a little too much, though. :D
  • bjhadden
    bjhadden Posts: 120
    Options
    Since April.

Yes, when I don't f-up and binge.

Nope.

You can check out my diary if you'd like! I tend to go under 1200 a little too much, though. :D

Ok thanks! I will check it out now :)
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat my exercise calories...
  • bjhadden
    Options
    It wouldn't let me see it...do I need to add you first?
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    1200 cal since Feb 2011
    very seldom do I eat back exercise calories
    a few if im really hungry or worked out really hard.
    check out my diary
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I started in March. There has not been a day I have gone over 1200 calories. I have been close a few times, but I usually eat about 1100. I have had a steady weight loss of 1.5-3 lbs a week. This is the first week I am experiencing a slow down. I exercise 500-700 calories a day and I do not eat them back. I have lost 64 lbs. I am never hungry although sometimes I just want to eat :)
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Since June. I lose between 1.5 to 2 lbs a week. I also tend to go under too much but have started to zigzag to make up for it. I don't eat back my exercise cals most of the time.
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I take in 1200 cals and I do not eat exercise calories back. I have been losing 1 to 1.5 lbs a week (which is healthy). I am not starving myself and I am full and satisfied at the end of the day. I drink a lot of water. You have to find what works best for you. I have been doing this since August 1st and actually dropped 5 the first week!
  • bjhadden
    Options
    1200 cal since Feb 2011
    very seldom do I eat back exercise calories
    a few if im really hungry or worked out really hard.
    check out my diary

Going to check it out now! Thanks for the info!
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    My cals have been between 1100 (very seldom) and 1500 - no exercise, and have been consistanly losing about 1.5 pounds per week. As for exercise cals, I eat back only if I'm still hungry, but still don't go below 1100 (I try to stay at least 1200). I find if I exercise big time one day (burning 400-600 cals), and I try to eat it back, I'm absolutely starving the next day when I don't exercise. It's taken time, but I've found a happy medium and that is between 1200 - 1500 cals., and I'm doing good. It just happens that the cals fluxuate from day to day depending on what I'm doing, and where I'm eating. Usually at home, and very few processed foods. Good luck to you!! :happy:
  • emc1014
    emc1014 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been on it for seven weeks. When I eat back my calories I tend to lose less. However, I have not gained as of yet. It's a learning process, because I don't think I could stay on this for life.
  • MelC2564
    MelC2564 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I've only been here two weeks, but the first week I stuck to 1200 and didnt eat back the workout cals, and lost almost 2 kilos - this week I've lost almost 1 with eating back cals. I'm going to go back to not eating them now :p
  • bjhadden
    Options
    I started in March. There has not been a day I have gone over 1200 calories. I have been close a few times, but I usually eat about 1100. I have had a steady weight loss of 1.5-3 lbs a week. This is the first week I am experiencing a slow down. I exercise 500-700 calories a day and I do not eat them back. I have lost 64 lbs. I am never hungry although sometimes I just want to eat :)

Thanks for the info!
  • bjhadden
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • valbar61
    valbar61 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    For the most part I have been doing 1200 or under for the past 8 months. Yes I do eat back my exercise calories. For the first 6 months I lost pretty steadily on an average 2-3 pounds per week then the last month or so I have been losing about 1 to 1-1/2 pounds per week.

There were a few time where my body stalled but it usually didn't last more than 1 week and then picked back up again. Recently I tried to up the calories to 1350 and see if I would lose more but it didn't seem to change much so I decided to go back to the 1200.

Feel free to look at my diary.
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I've been on 1200 calories/day since I joined almost a year ago. To be honest... I try not to eat back my exercise calories however I have heard mfp already factors in the deficit and that we are supposed to eat them back. I am basically maintaining so I have not had any steady weight loss in a while.
  • anewattitude
    Options
    I've been on 1200 calories/day since I joined almost a year ago. To be honest... I try not to eat back my exercise calories however I have heard mfp already factors in the deficit and that we are supposed to eat them back. I am basically maintaining so I have not had any steady weight loss in a while.
  • anewattitude
    Options
  • anewattitude
    Options
  • anewattitude
    Options
    So Sorry everyone.... have NO idea why my post appeared so many times!! NOT my intention!.. but it doesn't let you delete...