Quest Nutrition purchased by makers of Atkins products for $1 billion

Options
Today Simply Good Foods (makers of Atkins products) announced they are purchasing Quest for $1 billion - press release below for any other food news junkies like myself.

Curious to see what comes of this for both brands!

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2019/08/21/1905113/0/en/The-Simply-Good-Foods-Company-to-Acquire-Quest-Nutrition.html

Replies

• changeconsumeme
    changeconsumeme Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Noooooooo :(
  • J_Fabulous
    J_Fabulous Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Quest is my pre workout energy food
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I dunno how I feel about it 🤔
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I tried my first quest bar today and it was gross. Threw it out

They were even worse when they used sucralose. Still inedible as far as I'm concerned.
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I thought the ingredients in my last bar tended to be more fake and the new texture and flavor was unappealing. Atkins is crap. Thanks for your post!
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    All I know is that Quest has been in the downslope ever since they switched to soluble corn fiber. I used to eat a bad a day with no problems, but now they cause absolutely awful gas & bloating for me if I eat them any more than once in a while. :/
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    All I know is that Quest has been in the downslope ever since they switched to soluble corn fiber. I used to eat a bad a day with no problems, but now they cause absolutely awful gas & bloating for me if I eat them any more than once in a while. :/

While I do still support Quest, I have to agree.
  • elitesportsdude
    elitesportsdude Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I saw a commercial recently that they serve protein pizza now!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options

This is exactly how I feel as well. I don't really worry about Hershey changing something because I don't love them enough to really have strong feelings about like I used to.
  • FireyChimera
    FireyChimera Posts: 155 Member
    Options

protein bars in general taste gross to me lol! There was only 1 I ever enjoyed and it is not longer made :( I only eat a protein bar if I am traveling and need to stop at a gas station because my hunger is clawing at me
  • pancakerunner
    Options

protein bars in general taste gross to me lol! There was only 1 I ever enjoyed and it is not longer made :( I only eat a protein bar if I am traveling and need to stop at a gas station because my hunger is clawing at me

What brand was the one you liked?
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    it would be great if atkins left quest bars, protein powder, etc, alone, but most corporations that buy successful companies with successful products seem to think they know better than millions or billions of dollars of success and immediately screw the products and the companies up.

and it's not bad. they have it at target./

• pancakerunner
    Options
    it would be great if atkins left quest bars, protein powder, etc, alone, but most corporations that buy successful companies with successful products seem to think they know better than millions or billions of dollars of success and immediately screw the products and the companies up.

and it's not bad. they have it at target./

Right... Atkins products are not the highest quality. Cheap ingredients, etc... plus they will probably do more mainstream marketing for Quest (commercials, etc.). Will be interesting.