Apple Shaped Girls

Options
I'm an apple shape, and no matter what I do, I can't lose that little bit of tummy. :(

Help!

Replies

• Michelle9939
    Options
    I am an apple shape. I hate it!! I still have a lot to lose though.
  • Captainfakeeye
    Options
    I know this is a little personal, but can someone post their measurements as well? I just want to know what is normal or not!
  • KayaSamantha
    KayaSamantha Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have always had at least a little tummy no matter how fit I have been (and at one point I was pretty darn fit!) so I've sort of just accepted in and made peace with my body shape (not that if it decided to disappear I wouldn't be super excited lol).
  • KayaSamantha
    KayaSamantha Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am 35 hips, 29 waist, and 31 bust.
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I'm an apple too. Isn't it awful :sad: I'm a little over half way done. I'd do anything for hips instead of belly. Good luck girls!
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Yep I am the same way....everytime I gain weight it is ALWAYS in my tummy first...and that gets SUPER annoying! :grumble: I havent really been super "fit" before, so I am hopeful that I when I do lose the weight and tone up I can lose most of my stomach fat...but having a baby doesnt help anything either....:ohwell:
  • Captainfakeeye
    Options
    I'm an apple too. Isn't it awful :sad: I'm a little over half way done. I'd do anything for hips instead of belly. Good luck girls!

Too true! I try to do a lot more cardio to lose the extra first, since if I start building up ab muscles, it'll just look like I have a thicker waist! :P
  • sunshinel397
    Options
    Being an apple is tough. I have been struggling to take weight of my waist forever. No amount of cardio seems to help! Any and all suggestions will be gladly taken!
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    it sucks! im compleatly utterly happy with my hip size i wear a 2/3 in most pants sometimes a 4 but around there tummy i am not happy with at ALL

natural waist: 30

Below belly button: 36

Hips 34.5
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    My measurements...
    Chest: 35.5
    Waist: 31.5
    Hips: 38

By most size charts, I am size 8 in the chest and hips, and a d*** 14 in the waist.

People gain fat in different areas, and for me, this is typically right around the middle. I have always said that I gain weight like a man since I have a big gut instead of nice round butt and wide hips/thighs, lol.

What most people don't realize is that everybody loses fat from all over the body. I mean we all know that spot reduction is false...so it really shouldn't come as a surprise that conversely it just means that when we lose fat, we literally lose it from everywhere at the same time. It might appear that we lose faster from other areas, but the truth is we only notice it in other areas because it started out with less fat to begin with. It's like a pond and puddle...they evaporate at the same pace (concidering they are near each other) but we notice the puddle getting smaller and going away much faster simply because it had less water in it to start with. But that doesn't mean that the pond isn't having water evaporate from it, because it is, we just don't notice it. The same is true about our bodies.

So to lose that apple shape, we have to lose body fat,..not body WEIGHT, but body FAT. Two different things. And to lose body fat, all it really takes is eating a healthy diet with a calorie deficit, doing some intense cardio, and lifting heavy weights.

But you know what the cool thing about being an apple shape is? When we lose that body fat, we will be smokin' hot cause our body frames can get really slender and lean. Our shoulders and hips are already slender...and they will get moreso as the body fat reduces...and without that middle, an apple we will no longer be, but an hour glass instead. :flowerforyou:
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Darn heredity! I gain weight in my middle. My arms and legs are sticks. It annoys me to no end. I feel your pain. It' so true that we lose fat from everywhere, but oh how I would love it if this little bit of belly pudge would just go away.
  • joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    At 243 lbs, I am an apple all day! More like a cylinder! My measurements: Chest 50.5, Waist 49.5, and hips 50.5. Literally a 1" difference! It sucks! When i was losing weight i got my chest down to 44, waist 48, and hips 49. Its terrible! But, it's all good! I can't fight heredity, but i can make the most of it. I'm trying to make it the smallest i can! LOL

Edited to add: when i shop for pants, i have to buy to fit my waist. If I could stand the "muffin top" or "overhang" that has become popular for some (NO IDEA WHY!!!!!!!!!???????) then i would buy to fit my hips! I have very slender legs, so i look like i have a load in my pants all the time, or "Hammer pants" when i wear slacks to work. I can wrap them around my thighs! CRAZY!
  • joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member
    Options

But you know what the cool thing about being an apple shape is? When we lose that body fat, we will be smokin' hot cause our body frames can get really slender and lean. Our shoulders and hips are already slender...and they will get moreso as the body fat reduces...and without that middle, an apple we will no longer be, but an hour glass instead. :flowerforyou:

Yes, and AMEN!~
  • Captainfakeeye
    Options

Yes, and AMEN!~

Haha, yes! Looking forward to that day!
  • Tegan74
    Tegan74 Posts: 202
    Options
    I'm a total apple!! My belly sticks out farther than my boobs!! holy cow it annoys the hell outta me ~ an thats what I tell everyone, that when my boobs stick out farther than my belly I'll be happy :)
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Yep. My tummy is slowly going away, but the other parts of my body seem to have progressed so much faster. I know it's optical illusion because the rest of me has so much less to lose than my stomach, but it drives me crazy because even though I *am* losing fat from my midsection, my stomach looks bigger in proportion. That I had a flat tummy not too long in the past keeps me going though. It *will* go away eventually.

The last time I measured myself a few weeks ago, I was:

Chest 37
    Waist 31 (Ugh. My goal is 25-26)
    Hips About 40 (hoping to lose a few inches there too)

Exactly!