"Cheat" days....

Options
WHat does a cheat day consist of for you? Do you cheat but dont go over your calories? Do some of you not watch your calories that day? Just curious how some of you do your cheat days.

I usually try to stay at my calories goal for the day. Have a shake or something ive been craving, or eat it for my workout calories.

Replies

• lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I stay in my calorie limit, but I eat back some exercise calories (I don't normally do that)
    I'll have some form of fast food mostly :-) Or some ice cream.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    No cheat days here. I have developed healthy recipes for my favorite food so I never feel the need to cheat.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Since I've changed my eating habits in full, I don't really crave anything that wouldnt' fit into my reg cals for the need to "cheat".
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't cheat either anymore. I don't eat my exercise calories either. I guess I've been doing this for so long now that I made it my complete and total lifestyle. I try to eat clean as much a possible. As little processed foods as possible. I do have protein shakes but I make them awesome and healthy ones from GNC which have lots of enzymes. If you eat enough protein and enough calories, you don't crave those foods any more. I promise. xooxo
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Sometimes if I have something special I'll change to maintenance calories for the day, I've never gone over maintenance calories since I've been here over a year and I've only switched it to that for the day maybe 6/7 times in a year.
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Well, I have the mindset that I'll eat whatever I want, but in moderation. So I guess my answer would be trying to stay within my calories, but eat some goodies now and then. Or if I have a lot of calories left over after eating really well all day, I'll have a snack that would normally be considered "cheating" but if I'm staying within my calories, it's okay. It's worked well for me so far. I'm over 3 weeks in and I'm losing anywhere between 1.5-2lbs a week still!
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    The closest I get to cheating is if I have something and can't find something in the database for it. I either choose something close to it or try to find it online. Sometime's I'll eat some licorice or something but I try really hard not to eat extra junk cause I'm scared if I do, I'll just want more.
  • Goofy076
    Goofy076 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You know I really don't have cheat days, I have found so many great tasting low fat recipes for all my Favs. I love love love to cook n bake so I love trying new things :)
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    no cheat days for me either, i plan my day out in advance and have never been over calories once, that way if im craving something, i compensate throughout the day
  • carmel81
    Options
    I am of the mind set that cheat days are important....because it can help shock your body into knowing.."hey, I am on a diet"....though I do not like the word diet...I prefer lifestyle change.

I usually have 1 cheat day every couple weeks....it includes ice cream, or baked chips...I avoid fast food as much as I can. I will say that I do feel gross after my cheat day....so as much as my "mind" wanted it...my body says 'No way!" and it deters me from cheating.

Planning a cheat is also good I find.....track it all...and make the promise that you wont beat yourself up after for cheating. It will be a new day...Move on :)