LADIES ONLY - Supportive Sports Bra's

Options
Over the years I have seriously struggled with this one. As a lady who has ranged between a DD-E it can be so difficult to find the right and supportive bra's.

Some are either too thin (literally nothing to hold you in), and other the straps virtually give no support what so ever!

Doing cardio can be a huge issue for bigger breasted ladies, annoying and painful.
I gathered there would be other women on here that also struggle with the dilemma of finding a good workout bra for the gym/running or general fitness. I thought this would be a good place to offer each other recommendations!

So far my lifesaver has been the M&S extra high impact sports Bra sizes A-GG

l3dcmthew3bj.jpg

I highly recommend!

Replies

• unicorngems
    unicorngems Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    thats why i cant do the elliptical anymore or anything that bounces me it hurts to much!!

Honestly the struggle is real isn't it! I range between a DD-E so I can't imagine what that's like!

I've honestly found these bra's really good!
  • Alia_R
    Alia_R Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I’ll see if I can find that here where I’m from. Under Armour had some good quality sports bras designed for high intensity workouts that fit nice and snug, but they can be pretty expensive.

Since I started weight lifting, I’ve noticed my chest size is decreasing, which means I have to buy new sports bras lol. I ain’t complaining about the muscle definition though 😅
  • Jacki2019
    Jacki2019 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ok ATTENTION ALL LADIES!!! If you have been “gifted” up there, you HAVE TO check out the SHEFIT BRA!!!! This bra is a little expensive, but can I just tell you it is a TOTAL GAMECHANGER and you’ll be throwing all your other sports bras away and wondering where this one has been all your life, no joke. I can’t recommend it enough! I’m a 38G and when I put it on I can do jumping jacks and those babies are not moving anywhere! Lol
  • smondloch
    smondloch Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Jacki2019 Where do you find the SHEFIT? Online?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,419 Member
    Options
    smondloch wrote: »
    Jacki2019 Where do you find the SHEFIT? Online?

Amazon has it ...I saw it earlier on there
  • TheChristianSimone
    TheChristianSimone Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Shefit can be ok if you ensure you get the right size. After working with them over a year ago I have quiet abit of experience. I prefer underwire bras and Shefit isn't. I do love that they come in so many festive colors because why do skinny or small topped girls get the attractive colors.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I've had great experiences with Shock Absorber's Ultimate Run bra. I'm about 34DDD - 36DD, though I bought a 38D because the bands run small. I'm not sure what sizes are carried, but it's the most supportive bra I've ever had for running, and highly adjustable for varying amounts of support.
  • Jacki2019
    Jacki2019 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I would suggest getting the shefit at their site, not amazon. I’m a huge amazon fan, but I also know they’re known for selling either defective or imperfect items, hence the cheaper cost usually. Especially when you’re making an important investment like this, better to go on their website. I found that they’re size chart is perfect if you measure the way they tell you to. They’re sizes go up very high too, so it’s good.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I second the Shefit recommendation! And, yes, go to Shefit.com to order. Their sizes run from 1Luxe, 2Luxe, etc. I know they go buy measurements for their sizing. If help is needed, their customer service is pretty good.

Shefit is the best sports bra I've ever had! I can do jumping jacks and other high intensity exercise and everything stays in place. Yes, they are expensive but it's worth it!
  • Bi0wellnesschic
    Bi0wellnesschic Posts: 6 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I really like Lane Bryant's sports bras and fitness gear. They give really good bust support. The fitness gear is secure and doesn't ride down. I always get it on sale. One thing I will miss is Lane Bryant's fitness clothes. Soon I will be too thin to wear them. Health over fashion!
  • AZTeri2016
    AZTeri2016 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I need to find some that are front-closing. Trying to wrestle out of mine after a sweaty workout is not good on my arthritic shoulders! To say nothing of the danger of dislocating something trying to get it over my head!
  • unicorngems
    unicorngems Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    AZTeri2016 wrote: »
    I need to find some that are front-closing. Trying to wrestle out of mine after a sweaty workout is not good on my arthritic shoulders! To say nothing of the danger of dislocating something trying to get it over my head!

The Marks and Spencers ones have a front zip! Just ensure again that you get the correct size!
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Before I had my reduction (trust me I had issues..) I found a website called Boobydoo which had excellent sports bras. I assume they are still operating ten years on. It's worth a look.