Is it just me or what

Options
It looks like the community is full of a bunch of horny meat heads looking for love. This isn't a dating site guys. Goto match.com or somewhere else and stop playing on people's emotions to score a booty call.

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Yeah, unfortunately every public forum has bottom feeders.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    You can unfollow the sections that you don't want to see.
  • slimdownt
    slimdownt Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Yeah, unfortunately every public forum has bottom feeders.

Yeah, I want a friend on here not looking to score but to share recipes and workouts and such.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Unfollow the chat boards.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I get them in my mailbox, too. They must be attracted to my profile pic. 😀
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    The Chit Chat and Fun and Games boards have a different culture than the rest of the boards. You can either unfollow those boards so the posts don't show up in your recent posts section or you learn to adapt your responses depending on where a post appears
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I'm with LyndaBSS, I don't follow any of that... Still get a lot of messages.

I constantly put on my wall that I am in a great relationship and not looking for unwanted attention. I've been thinking about limiting and only accepting future friend's request from females, unless request is sent with a message that has something to do with health, weight, or workouts.
  • changeconsumeme
    changeconsumeme Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I do the same, Emma. It’s annoying. I unfollowed all the chitchat boards and I’m much happier with that outcome.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    The Chit Chat and Fun and Games Boards are, let's just say, "different" than the rest of the boards. They have their own, uh, "unique" culture over there. There is not a ton of crossover between those boards and the rest of the forums. The Chit chatters tend to stay over there and the regulars from the main forums usually don't venture over there. You can choose which forums you follow and which ones you don't. Many of us here have unfollowed chit chat and fun and games because what goes on over there is not why we are here on these boards.
  • jryd14
    jryd14 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Chat forums are bad, but I've seen very little of it on my friends feed sometime, but you can pick diamonds out of the rough. Just gotta find good people...its not just meat heads either..lotta girls that think this is Instagram
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:
    3. No Trolling
    I WILL:
    • I will stay on-topic in an existing discussion.
    • I will report trolls instead of engaging them.
    • I will contribute politely and constructively to a discussion, or move on without posting.
    • I will ignore users.

I WON’T:
    • I won’t troll.
    • I won’t flamebait.
    • I won’t call someone out.
    • I won’t police other members.

• I won’t feed the trolls.
    • I won’t take a discussion off-topic, it’s considered hi-jacking.
    If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    JustSomeEm
This discussion has been closed.