i need excercise videos or plan suggestions

Options
Hey loves, I need some tips from u fabulous ladies and gents. Can you recommend any good high calorie burning work out tapes or programs?? I have lost 136 lbs and these last 40-45 have really been a pain to get off. I swim every day and work out using free weights and the treadmill but its slowwed down considerably..I was hoping someone has some good suggestions...thanks loves ;)

Replies

• spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Try checking out SELF magazine-- they have some great workouts and workout ideas! They also have some tasty recipes, too!
  • SDMHudson
    SDMHudson Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    If you like dancing, you should try Zumba. Lots of sweat and cardio involved. Spin class is always good and low impact. Jillian Michaels' dvds are usually a hit with a lot of people.

But the biggest thing would be to change your workouts up. You body is probably used to doing the same swimming, treadmill, weights thing and is now working more efficiently, which in turn is burning less calories for you.

Hope this helps, and good luck with your final stretch!
  • SeanMurphy
    Options
    Someone's sure to recommend P90X eventually. It's intended for both fat loss customers and muscle gain customers. It's a great workout, and can help you with either, depending on the resistance level you choose in your weights / bands, and the number of repeitions you do for each exercise.

For simple fat loss, if you decide to give the program a try, go for a weight you can do 20-30 reps with per set. I did the program for about 2 weeks before I discovered rock climbing and preferred that. I was doing it for muscle gain, primarily, and I had next-day muscle soreness like no other workout i'd done, just because of the cyclic, super-setting nature of the program. You do one thing, then you do the opposing thing (push ups, followed by pull ups) etc etc.. Its very time efficient and you get an excellent workout in a relatively short time period.

If you can borrow a copy of the dvds, I recommend that. It's not a cheap program, in my opinion, and if you're anything like me, there's always the danger of dropping it after a few weeks and losing that investment.
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    if you have netflix they have a lot to rent or a few dancing ones available to stream on your gaming console. Youtube has tons also
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I would recommend either Insanity or Turbo Fire. Both will burn hundreds of calories per day and can help you break a plateau. I like both of them, and I use them at different times depending on what I am in the mood for.
  • Goofy076
    Goofy076 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    awesome you guys, thanks so much, I already zumba but that turbo burn sounds awesome sauce :) you guys are the best :)