A plateau that ain't so bad . . .

sleepytexan
sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
Hi all,

I have lost 1.25" EACH in my underbust, waist, and upper hips (at the bones) in under 3 months. Also, 2" at bust and 1" EACH lost at bootie and thigh.

All of this while the scale has REMAINED ESSENTIALLY THE SAME (in fact the scale is a bit higher this month than last).

So, I just wanted to put this out there in case anyone feels bad about the scale not moving. If you haven't already done so, take your measurements and re-check once a month.

blessings.

Replies

• Thanks for that reminder. Those inches really do matter. And you can tell by the way your clothes hang differently too!
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    This is so true. I did not take measurements in the beginning but it is never too late to start. I "didn't" lose weight for two months, but I lost inches and now losing lbs again so everything has a cycle and takes time.
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Thanks for inspiring me. Been stuck for almost 2 months now and just keep hovering at the same weight! I know my body looks different though and my clothes feel better but its difficult not to be fixated on the scale!
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    neither my scale nor my measurements while move!!!! what am i doing wrong? i just switched from 1lb goal a week to a 1/2 to increase my calories 3 days ago hopefully something happens soon. or im going to have a breakdown!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!