You Look Mahhhhhhvelous!

Options
Hello All, I have been hiding in the shadows of this board for a while, now on week 4 of my "lifestyle change" and I have lost about 8 pounds (47 to go). I just wanted to say hello, introduce myself, and connect with some people for the whole motivation thing!

I am 27 years old, and I have gained about 50 pounds in the past 2 years!!!! I would love to blame it on the fact that my job sucks, is depressing, and provides horrible horrible food every day for free, which helps to explain my situation, but I have learned over these past few weeks, that it really is NO ONE elses fault but MINE!!!!

I just wish I had started this earlier! I already feel 100% better, how bout you?

I love this site because it helps me put every choice I make into the proper perspective, and it's so adaptable. I lift, run , swim, bike, play raquette ball,hike, rollerblade, and have been getting pretty creative in the bedroom all working toward one common goal, it feels great, and I actually can see everyday how my decisions are effecting my progress.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello,

Cheers!

RY

155577.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter

Replies

• Ryanmcgrim
    Ryanmcgrim Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello All, I have been hiding in the shadows of this board for a while, now on week 4 of my "lifestyle change" and I have lost about 8 pounds (47 to go). I just wanted to say hello, introduce myself, and connect with some people for the whole motivation thing!

I am 27 years old, and I have gained about 50 pounds in the past 2 years!!!! I would love to blame it on the fact that my job sucks, is depressing, and provides horrible horrible food every day for free, which helps to explain my situation, but I have learned over these past few weeks, that it really is NO ONE elses fault but MINE!!!!

I just wish I had started this earlier! I already feel 100% better, how bout you?

I love this site because it helps me put every choice I make into the proper perspective, and it's so adaptable. I lift, run , swim, bike, play raquette ball,hike, rollerblade, and have been getting pretty creative in the bedroom all working toward one common goal, it feels great, and I actually can see everyday how my decisions are effecting my progress.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello,

Cheers!

RY

155577.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I love this site too, and for the same reasons! It helps me understand why I've failed so many times before and what i'm learning from other people here, not to mention the support (put down the chocolate bar and move away from the table!).

Welcome and good luck!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Hi Ryan and welcome :flowerforyou: Best of luck to you. We all wish we'd started sooner, but you've started now and that's the important thing :drinker:
  • ma9321
    ma9321 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hello!!!
    Congrats on the 8 lb. loss!!!
  • ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the first 8!!! Good luck on your journey. Great attitude. Keep up the positive vibes!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site, it is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.