Tea! What do you like?

Options
I'm looking for a hot tea to start my day off with in the mornings at college. I want to keep myself away from coffee! I'm looking for low-cal but sweet tasting. Never really tried much of anything before...any recommendations?

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    i do decaf green tea...cuz i cant have caffiene
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    i have a caramel vanilla tea.....i dont' think it has any calories, its just a tea you brew from a bag
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    ohh I have a ton of tea! I try and make myself like it! So far no luck! I have coffee in the morning, BUT Caramel vanilla sounds ok, is it available in Canada?
  • MissB0949
    MissB0949 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Blackberry tea is lovely
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    My favorite teas come from Two Leaves and a Bud - organic offerings and I purchase on-line. Their Orange Sencha is the first green tea I tried without needing sweet. They have a fabulous chai too. They are a little expensive, but I weighed them against my morning stop at Starbuck's and found I'd rather invest in something great and good for you than continue my Grande Mocha with double shots!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options
  • Lizi19
    Lizi19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I just discovered the joys of tea, but I love pomegranate green tea! I like the fruitier teas out there. Some people recommend english breakfast tea for former coffee addicts.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    teecino is an herbal coffee (caffeine & gluten free), and they come in tea bags. The last couple days I've been enjoying Yerba Mate Chocolatte herbal chocolate tea.

if you want an all natural tea, get some lemongrass stalks, break them into pieces, then slice them open and boil them. You will have some really nice lemon tea :)
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I like English Breakfast tea. It's a strong, robust tea. (I sound like the box! lol) Not sweet, but I don't know of any tea that is unless you add it. Some of the flavored teas are good, but I always want to add sweetner to them, and that kinda defeats my purpose. Look for a sampler box & give them a go. I don't care for green tea (not enough flavor!) or Earl Grey.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Bigelow has several flavors of Green Tea. My favorites are Blueberry and Chai.
    Twinings also has some good fruit flavored Teas. I am not as familiar with them, and they are OK, but Bigelow is my Favorite. You can get both of those at Wal-Mart, or most grocery stores, I think.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options
    passion fruit tea is also good....but keep in mind that i don't add sugar or anything to my tea, so there might be a lot of teas out there that taste really sweet when you add sugar to them
  • janetj518
    Options
    For mornings when I don't want coffee, I like to have "Awake" by TAZO. Not very "sweet" but I add a little honey to it and it's great. And it helps me not get that caffeine headache.
  • wouterc
    wouterc Posts: 13
    Options
    I love green tea. Working through a box of Eve's green tea.
  • avaloneternal
    Options
    There is a herbal licorice tea that is amazing if you are craving sweet. I think it is lipton or tetley and it is in a blue box. It has no caffeine and is only good if you like licorice but if you are looking for calorie free sweet, it's the ticket. No added sweetener needed.
  • trashwalk
    Options
    www.teavana.com is tea heaven for me.. some have caffeine some doesnt.. get a tea strainer/steeper and/or re-use the tea (different tea varies for how much u can re-use) and make a pitcher of it in 15 or so minutes.. good luck
  • brianward81
    brianward81 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Mint Green Tea; you don't need any sweeteners and it's great to dunk a couple biscuits into (2 Light Digestive's are 140 calories total).
  • cervenec
    cervenec Posts: 64
    Options
    I drink genmai cha green tea with roasted brown rice! It's delicious, sometimes I brew a bunch in the morning to leave in the fridge to drink cold for the rest of the day.