calorie intake for maintenance??

Options
Hi, I reached my weight goal and now I worry all the time about gaining weight back. I’m 18, 91lbs and 5’1, exercise for 20 minutes 6 days a week and usually i walk 5000-7000 steps daily. Is eating 1400 calories everyday too much? will that make me gain weight back?

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    But aren't you more worried about losing more weight when you are only 91lbs?

There's plenty of calorie estimators around including MyFitnessPal but be aware that the MFP goal is plus exercise calories.
    https://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/ will give you a variety of TDEE estimates that already include your exercise if you prefer that method.
  • DickAich
    DickAich Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I agree with the comments. Your weight could easily be 105# and still be very healthy. Use MyFitnessPal App and factor in your walking with a slow weight gain. I think you will be amazed at how much you can eat. I would also recommend you look at what calories you take in and adding some strength to your walking even if it is just body weight effort (pushups, squats, lunges, light weight curls, etc.). I understand the concern about weight. It can be hard to get off later in life. For you, though, you have room to enjoy life. Good luck.
  • halizabeth
    halizabeth Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi, I reached my weight goal and now I worry all the time about gaining weight back. I’m 18, 91lbs and 5’1, exercise for 20 minutes 6 days a week and usually i walk 5000-7000 steps daily. Is eating 1400 calories everyday too much? will that make me gain weight back?

How many calories were you eating to lose weight? If it was a healthy amount then adding back a 200-300 calories per day could put you in maintenance. If you were not eating enough calories while losing weight (under 1200 or less) than you might have a harder time finding your maintenance calories number for a little while. Still same principle, add back calories with healthy food and your body will do it's thing.