50 pound weight loss journey, looking for friends to join.

Goal is 50 pound weight loss. Looking for friends to join me. I will keep food log open. Office worker here, so not much exercise but walking. Tired of being a slave to food. I am ready to get healthy.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,193 MFP Moderator
    Walking is great exercise! You've got this. :)
  • xjordaynx
    xjordaynx Posts: 13 Member
    I’m with you! I’m down 3 pounds so far :)
  • ktonape88
    ktonape88 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi any idea how my fitness Pal counts calories burnt it always shows 0 I have connected with Google fit
  • ej_maries
    ej_maries Posts: 43 Member
    Feel free to add me 😊. I haven't figured out how to yet myself. That's the exact amount I'd like to lose
  • TheDreamer818
    TheDreamer818 Posts: 9 Member
    On the 50 pound weight loss journey too. Pick up an activity that is fun. I bought a mountain bike and plan on surfing with my best friend soon. Hiking is a good way to walk as well. Find the time to chisle that bod until it shines!
  • WifeofGray
    WifeofGray Posts: 12 Member
    Looking to lose around 50 pounds myself. I’ve done it before. Want to make it stick this time. Friend request sent. Anyone else is free to add me.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Good luck with your journey!
  • angiesjourney
    angiesjourney Posts: 66 Member
    Looking to lose 100 more. Down 14 so far. I know I have more to lose than you... but friends are always welcome
  • g2renew
    g2renew Posts: 145 Member
    I feel ya! Fifty lbs would be awesome. I am making mini-goals to help me drop. Haven't weighed so I don't know yet how much/if I have lost during this time. Starting third week! Have done pretty well with caloric intake. as far as exercise, I am battling MG (Myasthenia Gravis) and trying to get it stable. Exercise at this point is not recommended for me, but I can certainly watch my health and macro/micro intake! Best wishes to all on this journey:-)
  • Dee140lb
    Dee140lb Posts: 3 Member
    50 lb would mean I hit my user name goal !
    New to Mfp and looking for friends with same goal to inspire me
  • jazzeb
    jazzeb Posts: 18 Member
    I’m willing to join in. I want to lose 50 - 70 lbs. I’ve been walking 3 miles a day for 2 weeks. I added squats into the mix last Tuesday and I can tell the difference. It’s been helping with the inches more than the lbs. I stay within my calories but I know my carb intake is too high.
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Eagles8080 wrote: »
    Goal is 50 pound weight loss. Looking for friends to join me. I will keep food log open. Office worker here, so not much exercise but walking. Tired of being a slave to food. I am ready to get healthy.

Number 1: FLY EAGLES FLY!
    Number 2: I don't actually have a weight loss goal. If I lose some great! I have learned that if I track that too much, it gets into my head affects the things I try to do and ultimately screw things up for me. So, I will get my weight readings at the end of my "next steps" (will explain) program, at dr. appointments or every month or so.
    After a prolonged MFP absence (I could do less and less and less due to horribly deteriorated hips) I have returned with new motivations and new goals after successfully undergoing two hip replacement surgeries in 2019. My priority is no longer weight loss. It is to continue to maintain and improve my newfound joint mobility and health; to maintain and improve my general health. I want to cut my A1C level down to such a level that it stuns my doctor at my next appointment (November). My PT and rehab has locked me into a routine I haven't been in for many many years. I am a 64 year retiree beginning to actually enjoy it due to my recent decisions. Today my exercise regimen includes walking, stepper, treadmill and pool therapy and to lesser degree swimming. All you got to find what works for you! I could tell you tons of things, but if it isn't right for you, it's meaningless. Whatever you do, make sure you can have some fun with it!

• JayC2810
    JayC2810 Posts: 8 Member
    I definitely need motivation let's do it! Add me 😁
  • DJMKT
    DJMKT Posts: 39 Member
    63lb goal, in my mid fifties. Just recommitted this week. Down 2 lbs. Know counting my calories and watching my carbs is key, as well as managing stress and getting myself moving even more than I do.

Currently do a twice a day walks with my dogs for 30 min, paddle 1-2x per week with my Dragonboat team, swim 1-2 days a week.

Taking an approach of incremental goals, my first is to lose 10lbs by mid-October. Have a Dragonboat race that the goal coincides with, always helps to lighten the weight in the boat, but love the dragon-boating community as it is so supportive regardless of your age and weight so this is my personal goal.