Hi from Sydney, Australia

Options
Hi All,

Well, I have had MFP app since Jan this year, but not used it much, and until today, didnt even know the forums existed! I'm trying to get myself back into fitness since some injuries and then general laziness stopped me from playing sport. In the last couple of years, I have managed to stack on some kgs (pounds for all the Americans reading this) and need to get it back off.

I’ve played reasonably high level sport for years, but since 2007 have managed to injure my back, knee, elbow and ankle… the joys of contact sports.

I recently did a 4 week cross fit challenge, and managed some good results, but since that stopped, work has absorbed all that time (sedentary office job). I have begun to keep my food diary on my phone, and filled it for a little over a week now, and exercise with a run at lunchtime today – and have blocked out an hour 3 days a week in my calendar.

I’m hoping to get some good hints, tips and general training and diet advice whilst on here, and make sure it all becomes habit, not just short term.

Make sure you say hi and keep those motivational tips coming through!

Jimi

Replies

• darlenewanamaker
    darlenewanamaker Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    HEY, Nice to meet you.. My name is Darlene from Lebanon Pa.. I been on MFP for about 3 months now and love it good luck ! and, questions just ask I'll be glad to help any way I can..
    :flowerforyou:
  • hjhenders
    Options
    HEY, Nice to meet you.. My name is Darlene from Lebanon Pa.. I been on MFP for about 3 months now and love it good luck ! and, questions just ask I'll be glad to help any way I can..

Hey Darlene,

Thanks for the welcome note and glad to hear the site is working well :-)
  • darlenewanamaker
    darlenewanamaker Posts: 162 Member
    Options

Hey Darlene,

Thanks for the welcome note and glad to hear the site is working well :-)
    your so very welcome.... Good Luck !
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    I just drove by Lebanon PA yesterday. I had no idea there was a Lebanon PA.. I grew up in Lebanon CT. Funny
  • auskelly
    auskelly Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    welcome fellow ausse :happy: feel free to add. im in my second week
  • auskelly
    auskelly Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just drove by Lebanon PA yesterday. I had no idea there was a Lebanon PA.. I grew up in Lebanon CT. Funny
    where on earth is it :embarassed: and what does Pa and Ct stand for ?
  • polargirl3
    Options
    HELLO SYDNEY SIDER! i'm also from sydney,..and i only started today! :D
  • Misdy
    Misdy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    hello hello new friends, I'm a brisbane girl, feel free to friend me :D
  • ckatastrophy
    ckatastrophy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    where on earth is it :embarassed: and what does Pa and Ct stand for ?

Lebanon is a city name. USA states are abbreviated usually by the 1st & last letters of the states name. PA stands for Pennsylvania, & CT is Connecticut. Google USA state abbreviations if you want to know more.
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome :-) I'm in Brisbane, but will be in Sydney Tuesday and Wednesday
  • ckatastrophy
    ckatastrophy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I've been on here almost 3months & love it. Good luck with your goals!
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    from Sydney also!! Have reached my goal and am now on maintenance - love working and competing with my friends here so I'm a bit addicted ;)
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    ALOT of folk on here from Sydney.

Me included.

Welcome!
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Welcome from Sydney also. Awesome support here.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Welcome from Sydney also. Awesome support here.
  • tyem1
    tyem1 Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi fellow Aussies, i'm from Adelaide and only just joined up, hoping to get motivated! Anyone is welcome to add me!