Pregnancy and MyFitnessPal

Anyone pregnant at the moment? How do you stay motivated while expecting? Just curious. I’m finding it hard to cut back on exercise. I don’t want to eat extra but I have to. It’s all being healthy eating. It’s sad seeing the weight go back up again. I got it down to 62kg and now I’m up to about 69-70 kg and I’m only 13 weeks 🤨. Cannot wait to get back into the full swing of things.

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Talk to your ob/gyn about your concerns. I’m sure you can eat and exercise sensibly while you’re pregnant, but you should consult with your doctor.
    Congratulations!
  • simonl73a
    simonl73a Posts: 2 Member
    Remember that while you need to eat for two the second one is tiny
  • noel2fit
    noel2fit Posts: 235 Member
    I'm currently pregnant! 16 weeks this week. I was just getting back into crossfit when I got pregnant and I've been motivated by my gym mainly. I love being there, love the people, love the challenges- my midwife said there's no need to cut back unless I'm uncomfortable so I've just been modifying here and there and enjoying feeling strong and capable. Definitely talk to your doctor about nutritional needs- I was told there's no need to increase my calories during first trimester or even during the beginning of second. I'd ask them to help you come up with a plan specific to you!
  • ChickenBags
    ChickenBags Posts: 7 Member
    Don’t dwell on the weight gain. You’ll shift that a couple years after baby is born. You’ll get back to it. But other things might take priority after your little one arrives. I was one of the worse for hating pregnancy as I worked so hard to loose 8stone before falling pregnant and was super fit and active. And I just couldn’t control the weight gain and could t do as much and the further through pregnancy the harder it got. But don’t panic. You don’t it once, you’ll get there again.
    Try and keep as active as you can though it helps labour and the side effects of oregnancy. I was nuts though was dancing 4 hours before my baby arrived,
  • eccentricplaza
    eccentricplaza Posts: 115 Member
    I know this is an older thread, but I'm coming up on month 6 and I've been told by midwives and literature my little guy will be growing quite a bit. And he has. I've been staying motivated with visuals and checking the tightness of clothes around my arms and legs, since my weight gain is in my belly and 'girls'. It is hard to see the scale climbing quickly, but the fact that I'm feeling his kicks get stronger is a nice trade off! I'm looking for other people struggling with this. Thank you for making the original post :)
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    For anyone currently pregnant... I am at 12 weeks and am looking for a few motivated friends.
  • Andia15
    Andia15 Posts: 104 Member
    I'm at 27 weeks and trying so hard to stay motivated and exercising. It's hard with the pressure down below and the belly but I'm managing a small workout 3 days a week along with some longish walks.