Favorite healthy chicken dipping sauce e/marinade?

Options
ashleyeatsbetter
ashleyeatsbetter Posts: 34 Member
edited August 2019 in Food and Nutrition
I am tired of plain chicken and green beans with brown rice for lunch. I love dipping in honey mustard or BBQ sauce but they have alot of sugar that I could do without! What does everyone marinate or dip their chicken breast in?

Replies

• Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Lemon mustard, mustard powder mixed with water, fresh squeezed lemon mixed in, salt, paprika and coconut sugar. I add mustard seeds as well. Soooo good
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I usually just mix bbq sauce with mustard. I get the carolina style but it is not mustardy enough for me. I don't have any reason to avoid sugar though.
  • kaind114
    kaind114 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite dipping sauces is roasted red pepper.

Drain a jar of already roasted red pepper and heat the peppers through in a small saucepan. Dump it in a blender and blend for a minute or so. Pour in about 4 oz olive oil with the blender on. Follow that with juice from half a lemon. Pour the mixture back in the pan and reduce until it has a thickness you like. Add some salt and pepper--i use white pepper. This sauce is great on chichen, seafood, and lots of other stuff. I pour the finished sauce back in the jar from the peppers and keep it in the frig.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    0 calories. Makes everything taste delicious.

uki363wecwsk.jpg
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I like to bake chicken with Parmesan cheese and grilled mushrooms on top. Or the spice “Montreal chicken.” Yummy.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Teriyaki marinade then grill the chicken
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,661 Member
    Options
    Maesri brand Thai seafood sauce. Here's a homemade version
    https://siamsizzles.com/thai-seafood-lovers-dipping-sauce/
  • anewghost
    anewghost Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    gc7q94v6s9n5.png

I've been addicted to this stuff lately.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    The G Hughes Teriyaki Marinade has been my lifesaver for chicken, steak, salmon, etc. He has a ton of low sugar, low calorie marinades that taste great (he even has a decent honey mustard if you wanna try that).
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I love Stubb's Pork Rub on Chicken breasts. jab some holes in the chicken and let marinate for an hour or longer in the fridge before cooking.
    914xGLEzQGL._SX522AA522_PIbundle-6,TopRight,0,0_AA522_SH20_.jpg

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,981 Member
    Options
    I never get tired of chicken. Different cuisines are endlessly inventive. I have spices and staples on hand to whip up Thai, Indian, Korean, Ethiopian, French, Italian, Spanish, and Mexican dishes.

The Gourmet Slow Cooker: Simple and Sophisticated Meals from Around the World is my favorite crockpot cookbook. Some of the prep can be labor intensive, and I often take shortcuts like using ground spices instead of grinding fresh.

Also, all of the recipes I use take less time than a full work day to complete - I start at lunch and they are finished by dinner. Recipes with whole cuts of beef would work for someone who wanted to start before leaving for work.

As this is a thread about lunches, someone could make a batch on the weekend and have leftovers for lunch.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Soy sauce and lemon juice is what I dip most things in.

I also bought a bunch of bacon spice. It makes everything taste like bacon, but its vegetarian. Really improves the heck out of my green beans.