help with Polar FT4 HRM

Options
Today during my workout I noticed my watch said check heart rate transmitter.......I have been using my HRM for over 3 months regularly and this is the first time this has happened....has this happened to anyone else? Do you know why?
I checked to make sure the chest band was still on and in the centre of my body, and it was. It said it for a few minutes, while I continued to workout and then suddenly went back to showing the regular screen.
I just wonder if I have done something wrong and how I can prevent this from happening in the future.

Replies

• lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I have had it randomly happen with mine, but usually it was because the strap was loose or had gotten out of place somehow. Could it be time for a battery replacement?
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Was it wet enough? Had you been wearing it a long time before putting it to use (mine tends to dry out that way).
  • karenp84
    karenp84 Posts: 119
    Options
    Same thing has been happening with mine too in the last week or so. I tightened the chest strap thinking it was that but it still happened so i'm not really sure.
  • sheils8
    sheils8 Posts: 57
    Options
    its pretty new, so i would hope it wouldnt be the battery yet!

karenp84 - let me know if you figure it out!
  • lawrahmck
    Options
    I've had this a few times lately... I gave the strap a good hand & machine wash & it seemed to help!!
  • climbingmountains
    Options
    Mine is only a month old and does it now every time I put it on. I washed it again and also tightened the strap. I also emailed Polar but am still waiting for a reply.
    It does it every single time I wear it.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I haven't had this problem yet, but I've only had mine for a few weeks.
  • iSteakers
    Options
    I had tightened my strap because it was starting to feel loose and then i got the same message while working out. I loosened up the strap then a little bit more and it was fine.
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    same thing happened to mine. I had to give it a good washing , and that seemed to help a lot.
  • sheils8
    sheils8 Posts: 57
    Options
    climbingmountain, please let me know if you hear from them!

i tried washing mine and tightening and loosening the strap, and it didnt work!

it is so frustrating! do you guys wash yours in the actual washer on a regular cycle?