Did I mess up?

Options
SSFx10
SSFx10 Posts: 4 Member
edited August 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
My goal is to lose weight and get that toned body. I currently weigh 60kg and my goal weight is 52-54kg. A week ago I started my journey. Mfp gave me a daily goal of 1380 cals a day. On Friday, sat and today I went over 900 cals over my defecit. I had hash browns, wraps, cookies, biscuits etc. So altogether 2700 extra cals consumed in the 3 days. Wat do I do? Ugh hate myself!!

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Try filling out your food diary a few days in advance. It will help keep you disciplined.

Forgive yourself for going over and start again with your next meal.

Definitely read the link posted above.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,809 Member
    Options
    We’ve all been there. You just scrape yourself back up, take a deep breath and remember that trite but true saying from the seventies “today is the first day of the rest of your life”.

Am I perfect? No. My food diary is open and will show you three awful days this week. But I’ve dusted myself off to a lot. Well over seventy pounds worth. Only you can decide if you’re gonna do it this time, and the next, and the next.....
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, don't give up on your goal. Forgive yourself and carry on. Good luck.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Yes you messed up, you are human. You cannot go back in time, you can do better in the future. A few days will not change anything in the big picture.
  • Lobsterboxtops
    Lobsterboxtops Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I started using MFP a month ago. Since then I’ve had great days (almost spot on my goal), ok days (+/- 200-300), and horrible days (+/- 1000). Even with the fluctuations I’ve lost about 5 pounds. My August calorie average is within 100 calories of goal.

One bad day is not going to ruin anything and putting so much pressure on yourself that you convince yourself that you can’t do it or it’s hopeless is going to turn into a self fulfilling prophecy. You have to rewrite that script in your head.

So what did you learn from your bad day? Maybe you learned that you should eat something filling and healthy before going out with friends. Maybe it was a stressful day that brought on comfort food eating. Maybe you let yourself get too hungry where all your resolve when out the window. Great! Now you have the chance to plan for and recognize for next time. Because there will be a next time.

Stick with it and learn. Don’t hate yourself. And most importantly find a way to have fun with what you’re doing!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    do better tomorrow.

thats all you can do. you cant change what you ate.
  • duskyjewel
    duskyjewel Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you messed up.

Do better tomorrow.

Some days I have really just had it with life so I eat a giant serving of pasta and have two glasses of wine.

And the next morning I track that, see the calorie bomb I dropped on myself, and then move on and make better choices for the rest of the week.

Saying you HATE YOURSELF over making bad food choices when you just started this and haven't learned a whole lot yet is teenage drama and you should stop that. If you truly hate yourself, get inpatient therapy until you can live through a day without saying that. If you're just disappointed in yourself, then discipline yourself to make better choices but also accept that everyone screws up. Often.
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Definitely not worth hating yourself! I have loads of days that go off plan. As long as I have more days where I am ON plan, I'm not going to beat myself up about it. Possibly you are being too restrictive. Allow yourself the occasional treat - just make sure you factor it in to your calories.
  • ShayCarver89
    ShayCarver89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Just keep moving. There's literally no reason to dwell on it. Chalk up the loss and keep truckin.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Your first week is to learn to log. It is also to look back on and see what foods were worth the calories and which weren’t.
    It is to see why and when you have been overeating, and how you can do better in the future.

Congratulations! You are learning some important lessons early in your journey.

Keep logging. Keep learning. Keep doing better this week than you did last week.

Good luck! Enjoy your journey!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    dodea48 wrote: »
    Read the other comments --- are you trying to do too much too fast --- losing 10+% of body weight cannot be done over night. How tall are you?

Yes, you messed up. The number of calories burned by hating yourself is over rated. No one can eat less yesterday or tomorrow (you can do grocery shopping for several days, no processed, sugar, fried junk). Today is the only day. Start over. MFP diary macros really show how simple carbs and junk food really pile on the calories and how you can eat lots of nutritious green food fresh foods and lean protein and stay under goal.

If you really want to lose weight, think about it everyday when you wake up. "Please let me eat well today." "I have already eaten my lifetime supply of fried foods, processed foods, pizza, burgers, ice cream, etc." I will at least one meal today that is based around a green salad with lean protein." "I can do this". "I will ask for help". "I will keep no secrets." If you substitute the word prayer for think, you will get better results, but also a lot of no it alls complaining about the word "prayer".

If you want to comment on these boards, try doing it before your eat ---"I ate bad today" is a comment that will never help you. "I want to go get a pizza" is a comment that might make you think getting a pizza is a bad idea. You are as sick as you secrets. Better to talk to a real person. However these bards can be sort of a substitute for a real person.

Do not eat dessert or fried foods today - tomorrow, repeat

I ate pizza on Saturday, dessert yesterday, and fried food today. Did I mess up?

OP, review your plan and look for the weak spots. Sustainability is the key to success. If you are pushing yourself too hard and you rebel-ate it is time to rethink it and be kinder to yourself. Set a reasonable goal and try to include treats if you feel you can moderate them.

Whatever you do, do not quit. The road to your success will probably be littered with imperfect moments but if you keep pushing forward regardless you can do it.