Options
This is a great site.

It's funny...I've been successfuly in many aspects of my life...but my weight. It seems as if it is the one constant in my life and I am TIRED of it. Done with the pills, crash diets, etc. Finally, it's a way of life for me. For the first time, I'm okay with the slow progress. For many years, if I didn't see dramatic results within 2 weeks....I gave up. If I messed up on a Wednesday, I would wait until Monday to start over. I would lose big, and gain it all back within the year.

No more.

My progress has been slow, but for the first time I feel good about what I'm doing...not like I'm being punished.

Note, I am a vegetarian, which was also an issue because I was clueless on proper eating sticking to pastas, pizza, etc. No more. I've taken the clean eating approach and am finally nourishing my body the way it needs.

Anyhow...wish me luck and good luck to you.

Replies

• TashaT29
    Options
    This is a great site.

It's funny...I've been successfuly in many aspects of my life...but my weight. It seems as if it is the one constant in my life and I am TIRED of it. Done with the pills, crash diets, etc. Finally, it's a way of life for me. For the first time, I'm okay with the slow progress. For many years, if I didn't see dramatic results within 2 weeks....I gave up. If I messed up on a Wednesday, I would wait until Monday to start over. I would lose big, and gain it all back within the year.

No more.

My progress has been slow, but for the first time I feel good about what I'm doing...not like I'm being punished.

Note, I am a vegetarian, which was also an issue because I was clueless on proper eating sticking to pastas, pizza, etc. No more. I've taken the clean eating approach and am finally nourishing my body the way it needs.

Anyhow...wish me luck and good luck to you.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP:flowerforyou:
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    hi tasha,

welcome to the site! :flowerforyou:

i was like you, if i didnt see results after one or two weeks, i would think, whats the point?

the biggest lesson that i have learned is if i mess up, to start again at my next meal, not next week, not tomorrow, as i always did before, this has helped me out a lot

good luck with your weight loss :drinker:

xxx
  • Binkylove
    Options
    Good luck in your weight loss!!! Im a newbie too just started a week ago.
    You sound really motivated, keep it up!

Pamela XXX

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site, it is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.
  • specialsong77
    specialsong77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Welcome TashaT29!! I love this site and I feel more in control and more accountable already! Bets of luck to ya! :wink:
  • bitty_401
    Options
    Hey! Welcome and let me say that You are doing GOOOOOOOD...That's the way to do it.
    Keep it up.
  • TashaT29
    Options
    Thank you all, I'm happy to be here. :flowerforyou:

@Realta

Seems like you and I are one in the same. LOL