C-section be honest with me!

Options
Right ladies , that have had bubbas, through c - section. I do crunch and I'm loosing weight, I'm a waitress so Im on my feet a lot ( helps with legs) but what I really want to know is how's your tummy is post c - section , I know we are never going to have that beautiful washboard affect again or pull off a cropped top like we used to but it's there hope?... Is there?.. I don't have many stretch marks just want a less jelly-consistency type belly, any hints, tips and personal experiences would be greatly appreciated !

Xxx

Replies

• kellyshay
    kellyshay Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks - lots and what i can only describe as an overhang, the overhang seems to be decreasing BUT as it is it is leaving loose skin. Oh happy days, the joy of having an 11lb 11oz boy.
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    well as i am getting fitter, it is tightening up a bit, but not as much as the rest of my body, i think you should just make sure to put in HEAPS of effort and you can achieve a sexy stomach!

do lots of intense cardio and strength trainging. add weights to your crunches.

and women do NOT bulk from weights, impossible unless you are eating surplus calories and doing veryyy intense workouts.
  • Jhall1105
    Options
    Oh my god that's insane! Bless you! Well see this is my issue with the hang etc .....
  • HappyLuna
    HappyLuna Posts: 112
    Options
    It gets better. As you lose weight the hang will go. Also tone your stomach. It really helps. You can have a wash board stomach again. I have a lower section c-section scar so you never see mine..unless you see me naked :wink:

It took 12 months for my body to start getting back into shape. So slow and steady is the best way xxxx
  • amycavanagh
    amycavanagh Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi I've had 2 c sections and my tummy is quite flat have the little jelly belly bit but think that would be there after having 2 children anyway my trainer has had 2 c sections and has flat tummy so guess just keep going at it try pilattes that is awesome for core section I have very bad back after my c sections and find that this helps :)
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I've had 3 c/s, and I will never have a nice tummy again. I weighed 117lbs before I got pregnant last time, and I didn't have much loose skin but it wasn't as tight as it should be either. I also had this awful roll at the bottom that didn't go away no matter how skinny I was.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I have a effing kangaroo pouch..... we all do. I am just going to keep going. Whatever happens to the pouch well, will happen. I will be honest, I don't have high expectations of a 6 pack. I will be content with not looking pregnant and overall weight loss. If a 6 pack happens to sneak in there and I end up with one after ALL my hard work then kudos if not, it's ok lol.
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 c-sections..... have lost 47lbs so far, and.... I still have the pooch!!! It's a little smaller, but... definitely still there. I still have a ways to go with my weight loss though, so... I'm hoping it does get smaller.
  • Gspice3
    Gspice3 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I had a c-section as well. I am hoping to tone the tummy. Any suggestions?
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I had 4 kids, last one c-section. I have a scar on my bikini line you can hardly notice.

I posted an NSV a few days ago that I could finally see my ribcage. Still very happy about that but I still have a large section of fat just hanging. I can deal with a little bit of a belly, but it's disheartening to try on pants that fit great-if I don't mind the flap hanging over top! I have to stay up a size just because of that.

I've still got 20lb to go so I'm hoping it'll at least get to where it's not hanging there. Cardio to burn the fat and circuit training/ab works to get the muscles in good condition.
  • SaraWojcik19
    SaraWojcik19 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    same pooch story here....little guy is almost 3 years old now and I've been unable to lose the weight I gained with him. The pouch is definitely still there. I don't really expect that it will fully go away. I just want my pooch to stop protruding under my waistline when i put on pants. it makes me look so bloated. =(
  • ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I had my three natural....but gosh I don't think my tummy will ever get better!

I have HUGE very wide stretch marks and soooo much loose skin. Oh the joys of being a mum to twins.

To be perfectly honest my plan is to get as fit as I can, tone it as much as possible then to reward myself I am going to get the loose skin removed, hopefully as it gets toned the skin will tighten so I don't need to do that.

I have a friend who was very obese and his loose skin is so bad his Dr told him it would never go away and he would need surgery
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I have had 2 c-sections in 2 years. Its hard on the body but Cardio will help, ALOT! Eat a low fat diet, make sure that you are getting your calories from healthy sources and it will make a big difference. Cardio mixed with a true Ab workout will get you results. Golds Gym sells a great DVD at Walmart for Ab exorcises, its called "Flat Abs Fast" and another called "Muffin Top Meltdown". These work your CORE, not just your surface. These helped me alot.