Maintaining Weight!

Options
I lost a decent amount of weight and thus far for almost the past 3 weeks have been able to keep it off. Just wondering for those who have lost weight what you have done to keep it off and if you have any advice for others?? So far I have been doing much of the same as I did when I lost weight. I keep track of what I eat to the best of my ability estimating my calories the best I can and continuing to exercise or at least get my steps in everyweek and keeping track of my water intake. This is much the same as I did when loosing the weight so sticking to what works right now and making sure I get my workouts in. Anyone else in a similar situation?

Replies

• Daveybaseball
    Daveybaseball Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • kcmcbee
    kcmcbee Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Transitioning to maintenance is New to me too! Tracking as close as I can same as you. Keeping new healthier habits going is the key for me. Also Lost a good bit over 7 months and leveling out now.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    maintenance can be difficult for some, usually because they stop doing what the did to get to a target weight. So keep doing what it takes!
    I have been at this for awhile and have been able to loosen up a bit (or a lot) especially in the food logging because I eat very consistently and tend to be more focused on strength and athletic gains so gaining a few pounds doesn't concern me much. Having said that, I do use the mirror and clothes as my best metric. When certain pants get tight...I tend to get strict with eating and cardio for a few weeks to reel it back in
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I do much of the same things too, the only difference is that now I have more calories to play with so there are foods I eat more often than I did when I was dieting simply because I can afford them more often. My tracking is a little bit looser than it used to be. I do still weigh most things, but I don't sweat it if I had to log "medium apple" when in a hurry.
  • Zimm7
    Zimm7 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Maintenance is hard, but you have a plan that seems to work. Sticking to the plan is the main thing.
  • whitneybex
    whitneybex Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I log food on MFP and synch with my Fitbit. Simple maths tells me when I am eating more calories than I am burning. I walk a lot (have dogs), and currently can eat 2300-2500 calories a day and keep to my goal weight (reached 4 years ago). I don't eat so healthy, too many carbs. Being vegetarian I lack protein (and lack interest in cooking!).
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Maintenance for me has involved periodic bouts of slight-deficit eating to stay within a range over time.