What Is A Cup

Options
Just had 20 grams of blackberries with my weetabix this morning. Want to log it but the measurements seem to be in "cups". Being British this means nothing to me so can someone tell me how many grams are in a cup? Or what you would log for 20 grams.
Thank you :flowerforyou:

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    GOOGLE it.

google has a calculator..you put in 20 grams to cups and it'll tell you

ps i guess it doesnt convert grams to cups..but one ounce is around 28, which is 0.125 cups..so its a tenth of a cup give or take
  • mar1275
    mar1275 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Sylvia,

1 cup = 150 grams & 20 grams = 2 Tablespoons. Hope this helps.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    If you keep looking in the data base you should find a weight in g's. Most things are there, they just take a bit of searching for.
    Cups dont really equate to weight they are a measure of volume, a cup of something dense like raw meat would weigh significantly more than a cup of dry cereal, but they occupy the same volume.
  • Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    If you find blackberries - raw in the database you also have an option to log in 100g - so 0.2 servings of 100g
  • Thamantha
    Thamantha Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    A cup is a measure of volume, whereas a gram is a measure of mass. There isn't really a good guide to transition between the two because it will differ depending on the item, i.e. the internet tells me that 1 cup of almonds is 108g, but one cup of raisins is 165g. I would look up the nutritional value of blackberries per 100g online and then enter that into MFP under 'my foods' so that we all get the option of weighing our food.
  • SallieBeige
    SallieBeige Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Thanks Thamantha, thats a good explanation
  • sylviablakely
    sylviablakely Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all - have now set up my own food on myfitnesspal so that I don't have to trail through all the Blackberry options. Found a good website which helped with this http://www.calobonga.com/calorieCounter/food/9042/0/calorie-counter.lz
  • elinsofie
    elinsofie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I often use this website to convert units: http://www.convertworld.com/

You can compare metric, U.S units, British units etc . To find out how much a cup is, look under Volume (Cooking U.S.)
  • slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    It annoys me when the only option is cup but I found "fresh english" blackberries in the database and it is in grams so you can select 1g and times by how many grams you've had :-)