How my macros looking?

Options
Hey everyone. I was doing keto non consistently for the last year, have not been able to maintain the lifestyle. Trying to do macro counting with low carb now. Im 5 foot 7, 153 lbs. Work out moderately 4 times a week. Active lifestyle. Macros are 1400 calories, protein is 158g, carb 70g, and fat is 55g. Does this seem right and like it will work to slim down? TIA!

Replies

• Rawrmachin3
    Rawrmachin3 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Slimming down is just simply a product of calories in/calories out. Macros aren’t as important unless you’re power lifting or body building to maintain a certain composition. I macro but that’s because I’m a PLer.

I’d just recommend focusing on making smart food choices and staying within the calorie area recommended. See what happens from there and adjust accordingly.

The mistake I see people make is making it overly complicated to start. This is a life change choice and one that you want to adopt for the remainder of your time.

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I was doing keto non consistently for the last year, have not been able to maintain the lifestyle. Trying to do macro counting with low carb now. Im 5 foot 7, 153 lbs. Work out moderately 4 times a week. Active lifestyle. Macros are 1400 calories, protein is 158g, carb 70g, and fat is 55g. Does this seem right and like it will work to slim down? TIA!

Macros don't affect weight loss, a calorie deficit does that.

But macros can affect satiety and compliance, in other words make it easier or harder for you to stay in a calorie deficit.

If 1400 cals is a deficit for you, and you stick to it, you will lose weight. If those macros make it easier for you to do that, then they are great. I will say, that protein goal is higher than it needs to be, so if it's difficult for you to hit that, feel free to move some of those calories elsewhere. But if that's the way you like to eat, it's all good!

If you are active, 1400 cals may be too low though. You are at the top of the healthy weight range for your height, so you should be expecting to lose @ 0.5lbs - 1 lb per week.
  • shaimaashama
    shaimaashama Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m low carber but want to know the percentage of carbs, protein and fats must take to lose weight
  • slbbw
    slbbw Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Your protein seems a touch high and fat a touch low if it were me trying to hit those numbers. I do find protein super satisfying though so it might work for you. 1g per lb of body weight is definitely the upper end as I understand it for protein. 1g/ lb lean body weight or 0.6-0.8 g per pound of goal weight is usually more sustainable. for me at 145 and 24% bF that equals about 110g of protein daily. I think 70g carb 70g fat and 122g protein might be easier to meet.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I am fairly certain that 1400 is too low for an active lifestyle. How much are you trying to lose per week?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options

I agree with the others that 1400 seems low (and protein unnecessarily high.)

What's your goal weight?

9kjwnia17qv9.jpg