For those of you who lost a lot of weight using MFP, did you end up not needing the app anymore?

2»

Replies

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,135 Member
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Current "streak" is 1193 consequtive days logging on MFP.

6 months to lose 36# from 196 to 160. Have been "in maintenance" ever since (mainly between 155-160 but lost another 8# in last 3 months (on purpose) to reach my current wt of 152.

Couldn't have done it w/o logging everything I eat on MFP and weighing myself daily.

I completely agree with the bolded section.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited August 2019
    I think I will be logging for the rest of my life. It keeps me honest and I don't really find it that much of a hassle. 65 lbs down....most of it just logging in a notebook ..been using app for a month now..lost another 9 , upping my calories even. I love the app , so much easier and accurate.
  • taylor3636
    taylor3636 Posts: 2 Member
    I lost 30 lbs a while back. I go through periods wear I stop logging in my food. But I always tend to come back as I notice my weight fluncuate.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    I've been on MFP since 2013 and finally lost 57 pounds. I stopped weighing and logging my foods 2 months ago. I'm in the last 10 pounds of my weight loss and have continued losing on schedule. I think for me that I have learned much better portion control along with having a good understanding of what is satiating to me. Those things are helping me stay within my deficit.

I still weigh my body daily. If I start seeing any weight creep then I will weigh and log food again.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Honestly, the app is mostly helpful when starting off. Once you learn to remember calories by meal and track what food has what in it, you can ditch the app, but its veryyyyy helpful in getting to that point. I wouldn't rely on the community portion of the app. It's mostly just a boredom killer and full of dumb threads like "what would you do...."

With only 38 posts you clearly have not been around long enough to know how many really knowledgeable and helpful people post on these forums.
  • Caralarma
    Caralarma Posts: 174 Member
    I hardly use the app anymore and I am maintaining. I usually estimate my calories
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    whmscll wrote: »
    Honestly, the app is mostly helpful when starting off. Once you learn to remember calories by meal and track what food has what in it, you can ditch the app, but its veryyyyy helpful in getting to that point. I wouldn't rely on the community portion of the app. It's mostly just a boredom killer and full of dumb threads like "what would you do...."

With only 38 posts you clearly have not been around long enough to know how many really knowledgeable and helpful people post on these forums.

Clearly doesn't yet know that it's possible to block the chit chat and fun and games subforums, which do take over recent posts and color a newbie's perception.
  • Butt_Snorkeler
    Butt_Snorkeler Posts: 167 Member
    edited August 2019
    whmscll wrote: »
    een here since 2010ish. Just create a new account each time I return instead of leaving an open account on an uninstalled app (security hole)

Clearly doesn't yet know that it's possible to block the chit chat and fun and games subforums, which do take over recent posts and color a newbie's perception.

All the advice that one could want fr9m the forums are already there. All one has to do is search or use google. By this point in time, its just regurgitated threads and mainly serve as a purpose for the lonely to get attention or for the middle aged to ask repetitive questions because they are too lazy to search.

Been this way for years. I brought it up back in 2015 and admin told me they dont thread clean because if tbey did, this site would no longer have any activity 🤷‍♂️
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    1633 days later, I still need the app to keep on track with my macros.