Healthier alternative to peanut butter.

Options
I'd just like to share with the peanut butter lovers that I found a DELICIOUS organic peanut butter, no salt added.. either crunchy or creamy.. and NO HYDROGENATED OILS!! It can be found at Trader Joes :)

Replies

• kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I think everything good must be at Trader Joe's. I see so many posts about it. Unfortunately there isn't a single one in Texas.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I think everything good must be at Trader Joe's. I see so many posts about it. Unfortunately there isn't a single one in Texas.

I know, I was looking to see if we had one here in the Houston area, and so far I haven't found one. SUCKS!!!
  • sunshinel397
    Options
    You can buy that type of peanut butter in a different brand name at most super markets. You may have to look in the natural foods section, but most carry it. Where I live in Maine we just got a Trader Joe's, but they have the same stuff at the local grocer, just a little more expensive. Good luck in your search!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I use a natural peanut butter that I buy at Harris Teeter. Trader Joe's is like 45 minutes away... But it is nice that they are being sold at places that most people shop at so we don't have to go out of our way!

Natural PB without the oils and other un-pronouncable ingredients taste better, too!
  • gigi1959
    gigi1959 Posts: 17
    Options
    Smuker's all natural peanut butter, I buy the crunchy one, most groceries stores have it!
    :smile:
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Where do I get this stuff in England?
  • ashanti1982
    Options
    Lilyinlove I have seen the organic peanut butter in sainsburys.
  • shantie10
    shantie10 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    What is the calorie and fat count on it?
  • ashanti1982
    Options
    Or Holland and barratt.
  • DownTheRabbitHoleOfThin
    Options
    There's a brand called Adam's Organic Peanut Butter (or I believe that is what it is called) its carried in grocery stores either in the organic section or right next to the rest of the peanut butter. All it contains is peanuts. The only down side to this is it means there are more calories per tablespoon verses normal peanut butter. Adams comes in smooth and chunky.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    just read labels. You can find this at any store anywhere.

Find one that says natural, it will have separated in the jar a bit.

Ingredients should read either:
    Peanuts

or
    Peanuts, Salt

that's it, nothing else.

after opening, stir well and store in fridge and it won't keep separating.
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Lilyinlove I have seen the organic peanut butter in sainsburys.

thanks chick...will have a look
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK. Trader Joes sounds ace, nothing like that here rthough. Ill be looking in sainsburys for it though. Thankyou!