workouts

Options
Heya ummn I was recently told that working out early in the morning is bad for you?? or not as beneficial.....is this actually true???
What I tend to do is wake up early, do a high energy aerobics workout, then eat breakfast....then i cycle to college and cycle back again about 4:30...
Iv also been told that working out at around 4pm is better for u???

any words of wisdom?? As i really wanna lose weight fast! =p

Thank you =]

153164.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

Replies

• ambleburner
    Options
    Heya ummn I was recently told that working out early in the morning is bad for you?? or not as beneficial.....is this actually true???
    What I tend to do is wake up early, do a high energy aerobics workout, then eat breakfast....then i cycle to college and cycle back again about 4:30...
    Iv also been told that working out at around 4pm is better for u???

any words of wisdom?? As i really wanna lose weight fast! =p

Thank you =]

153164.png
  • zuleika
    Options
    no working out early in the morning is really the best thing for you. You'll have energy, I think that the individual that told you that my have gotten his/her fact a little mix up. If you exercise late at night and then try to go to bed you'll see that you will be unable. you'll toss and turn. exercising at night is only good for those individual that work at night. Now if your going to work out after work that is also good, buy the time you get home and do your nightly routine, you have wind down enough to go to bad.

Hope this have help.
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I know that working out in the morning is good in the sense that it revs up your metabolism for the day, however...getting enough sleep is also important. If you don't get enough sleep it will really slow your metabolism down.

That being said, the best way I imagine to do it was if you could workout after waking up naturally...

I don't know to many people who can get away with that...but that's my two cents.:tongue:
  • CoachFoland
    CoachFoland Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I have not read of anything to support that.

I actually just now received an email from Men's Health that states, people who work out after a taxing day at work, are more likely to quit early. They suggest those people change their workout to the morning before work.

There is also a link to an article that states "Studies found men who exercise in the morning sleep better".
    http://www.menshealth.com/cda/featured_video.do?site=MensHealth&channel=video&category=mh.minute&topic=fitness&conitem=3fea3fbb391d7110VgnVCM20000012281eac____
  • fullofjoy720
    Options
    i really do not think it matters. if you plan on working out in the morning make sure u at least get 8 hours of sleep.
  • kbirky73
    kbirky73 Posts: 110
    Options
    Whenever you are feeling your best, is the best time to work out ... that's what i find for myself. Most of the time I do it around 7pm .. but i'm a night person for sure!! On the weekends, I get it done around 1pm .. sometimes 3pm ...

15163.png
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Working out in the morning is not a detriment. The rumor was probably started by someone who wasn't a morning person (:wink: ). I work out at 5:00 a.m. Monday through Friday and 7:00 am Saturday and Sunday..so far, I've lost 13 pounds since roughly January 26.

Working out in the morning has many ancillary benefits besides just getting fit. I am more energetic, I have more emotional stamina, at the end of a long day I don't have to dread going to the gym, it reinforces good eating through the day, AND, I get to sit in the steam room afterwards with a condition treatment on my hair and a face mask - like a spa day - before going to work. :happy: I sometimes have so much energy that I'll stop by again after work just to get another hour in.

I also look forward to my breakfast (yum, yum, yum) while in the steam room....